[BUG] Game Breaking! Changing Ship from Mammoth leaves behind all pilot inventory (LFL, Police Licences, everything!)

General discussion about X³: Farnham's Legacy.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Moderators for the X3:FL Forums

Drone_101

[BUG] Game Breaking! Changing Ship from Mammoth leaves behind all pilot inventory (LFL, Police Licences, everything!)

Post by Drone_101 » Tue, 18. May 21, 19:31

X3:FL 1.0 English (Steam) Unmodified

Bug: If you eject from, or use the transporter device to leave the Mammoth to change to another ship, all of the player's pilot inventory items are left behind on the Mammoth. Low Frequency Radar, Police Licenses, Salvage Insurance... everything.

100% Reproducible. For some reason the player's personal equipment has become ship equipment when piloting the Mammoth.

Just tested rebuying new police licence, entered Mammoth and lost it once again when leaving the Mammoth. Does this happen in the 1.1 RC also, can any one test it?

Conjecture - is the increased ejection distance from TL sized ships breaking the transfer of pilot equipment back to the pilot entity? Or is this isolated to just the Mammoth assimilating the equipment?

Save: https://easyupload.io/c05drl Check Pilot equipment. Then eject or change ship to the Ocelot directly in front of the Mammoth. Check Pilot equipment again. (Police Licences are the most noticable but this affects all pilot equipment)

Klord
x3ap

Re: [BUG] Game Breaking! Changing Ship from Mammoth leaves behind all pilot inventory (LFL, Police Licences, everything!

Post by Klord » Tue, 18. May 21, 19:45

1. Tried to download your save file. Access is denied.

2. Checked what you described with my Mammoth and had no problem at all. Pilot inventory is not effected.
X fanatic. More of an X3 fanatic.
What about X4? Nah, I prefer a space simulator rather than a walking simulator.

Drone_101

Re: [BUG] Game Breaking! Changing Ship from Mammoth leaves behind all pilot inventory (LFL, Police Licences, everything!

Post by Drone_101 » Tue, 18. May 21, 21:18

Strange the link works in both my browsers and incognito mode. So what's happened here then, was there a hiccup as I exited the ship once and now the gear is stuck on the Mammoth? It's very strange.

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Tue, 18. May 21, 21:21

where did you get the Mammoth from, was it bought, or did you steal it, like from a mission?

Drone_101

Post by Drone_101 » Tue, 18. May 21, 23:08

Bought it, was my first big investment days and days ago - can't remember which exact shipyard sorry, probably Cloudbase South East as thats the yard with the widest selection I tend to default to buying from it.

CATegoryC
x4

Post by CATegoryC » Fri, 21. May 21, 19:31

I had a weird experience when buying my 1st TL. I couldn't move the ship with the mouse. Jumped into my M3+ and the same thing. Reloaded an older save and Bingo it all worked again. I've been moving my TL remotely now.

Snafu_X3
x3tc

Post by Snafu_X3 » Sat, 22. May 21, 01:18

Please check if those personal pilot abilities are still useable if transferred off <playership>

This bug was reported during testing & may have been only partially fixed: I suspect the <player> abilities may still be available despite the transfer option discrepancy
Wiki X:R 1st Tit capping
Wiki X3:TC vanilla: Guide to generic missions, Guide to finding & capping Aran
Never played AP; all X3 advice is based on vanilla+bonus pack TC or before: AP has not changed much WRT general advice.

I know how to spell teladiuminumiumium, I just don't know when to stop!

Dom (Wiki Moderator) 8-) DxDiag

Drone_101

Post by Drone_101 » Sat, 22. May 21, 13:19

I couldn't use my unlimited Salvage and all Police licenses were inactive when I wasn't back in the Mammoth - I couldnt save in space and anytime I tried to scan it was declared illegal, which is how I first noticed the bug. Had to roll back about 3 hours of play time to get to a pre-bugged state. Feel free to test the save however you want, I've no idea how it happened, just all the pilot equipment somehow got stuck on the Mammoth and didn't change ships with me when I transported or ejected out.

It would have been playable rebuying the salvage insurance and licenses but losing the LFL was too big of a loss seeing as the exploring is one of the best new features in X3:FL.

Spartan
x4

Post by Spartan » Mon, 19. Jul 21, 10:42

I have the same very annoying bug. It showed up when I changed my ship docked at HQ. So it wasn't fixed in 1.2, unfortunately.

Spartan
x4

Post by Spartan » Mon, 19. Jul 21, 11:19

Moreover, docking with a Mammoth on any M3/M4/M5 ship have the same result - all of the player's pilot inventory items are left behind on the Mammoth. Strangly, it wasn't the case for me before 1.2, because I used that ship in 1.1 personally to take a "pandora crate".

Snafu_X3
x3tc

Post by Snafu_X3 » Thu, 22. Jul 21, 00:57

IIRC this is purely visual: take off in your ship & <pilot> should still have their appropriate personal items (licenses etc). It's annoying, but not game-breaking :(
Wiki X:R 1st Tit capping
Wiki X3:TC vanilla: Guide to generic missions, Guide to finding & capping Aran
Never played AP; all X3 advice is based on vanilla+bonus pack TC or before: AP has not changed much WRT general advice.

I know how to spell teladiuminumiumium, I just don't know when to stop!

Dom (Wiki Moderator) 8-) DxDiag

Return to “X³: Farnham's Legacy”