[Spoiler] Xenon Hub fight

General discussion about X³: Farnham's Legacy.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Moderators for the X3:FL Forums

Andrea92

Re: [Spoiler] Xenon Hub fight

Post by Andrea92 » Thu, 6. May 21, 14:00

My solution was to use the m6 as a ram, have the m4 and m5 do their turns, then when they come to me, align to them and just smash against them. worked pretty well. at some point, if you are low on shields due to multiple ships firing at you, jump out, recharge, back in. The allied ships helped with the m3.

Snafu_X3
x3tc

Post by Snafu_X3 » Thu, 6. May 21, 15:28

Klord wrote:
Thu, 6. May 21, 06:06
Instead of using right mouse button to change ship direction and fire, I used keyboard for all maneuvers and fired the guns using ctrl. Accuracy has improved a lot !
If you hit <space> to enter classic flight mode during combat, you can still use the mouse for manoeuvring & simply use <CTRL> for firing. I found this a lot easier than keyboard only for both, but YMMV
Wiki X:R 1st Tit capping
Wiki X3:TC vanilla: Guide to generic missions, Guide to finding & capping Aran
Never played AP; all X3 advice is based on vanilla+bonus pack TC or before: AP has not changed much WRT general advice.

I know how to spell teladiuminumiumium, I just don't know when to stop!

Dom (Wiki Moderator) 8-) DxDiag

Klord
x3ap

Post by Klord » Thu, 6. May 21, 15:32

I gave up fighting and bought myself a phantom. Running non combat missions now. Hoping to sell the Nemesis to buy a Skiron and restart fighter pilot career again soon.
X fanatic. More of an X3 fanatic.
What about X4? Nah, I prefer a space simulator rather than a walking simulator.

Sehnsucht1985
x4

Post by Sehnsucht1985 » Sat, 3. Sep 22, 14:58

This fight annoyed me to no end. The Nemesis must be the absolute worst ship I have ever had the displeasure of flying. Tried both semi and auto aim on, and I had prepared for the fight with both 4x ISR and 4x HEPT, in two weapon groups. Neither was able to hit even damaged M3's enough to finish them off - even when they stood almost still! And I fly with a VPC Constellation Alpha high-end joystick and am fairly adept at dogfighting. I cheesed it with OOS combat, and then switched everything back to my Susanowa (Yaki start) and killed the last ship IS, easily I might add. Could have probably just done the whole mission with that one, but I like bigger ships particularly in X3 when every gate traversal can kill you if a bigger ship than you occupies the same space.

Now to try and get the Terran plot started so I can get an M6 that can actually be used. Are those two the only plots in FL or are there more?
TC: All plots completed. ATF Tyr and Odin successfully boarded. Aran found and boarded.
Fight Rank: Legend

Return to “X³: Farnham's Legacy”