Hexagon HQ (Station Design Contest)

Forum for sharing construction plans and loadouts.

Moderators: Scripting / Modding Moderators, Moderators for English X Forum

-=SiR KiLLaLoT=-
x4

Hexagon HQ (Station Design Contest)

Post by -=SiR KiLLaLoT=- » Wed, 13. Oct 21, 12:28

Hello everyone!

As promised, here is the project of my headquarters in the shape of a hexagon!
I take this opportunity to thank Egosoft and all the contestants, it was really fun and exciting to see your creations!

Below I propose the images of the station including some unpublished screenshots during its birth and growth!

Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Image Image Image

Here are some features of the station:

- It is self-sufficient.
- It has a lot of container space.
- It is an excellent ally for Terraforming.
- Has zero form overlap.
- It will destroy your PCs. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Keep it up Egosoft, this game is really wonderful! <3 <3
Attachments
Hexagon HQ.rar
(19.47 KiB) Downloaded 1452 times
HW Spec:
CPU: Core i9 9900k @ 5.0Ghz - MOBO: MSI Z390-A PRO - RAM: 2x8GB Crucial Ballistix MAX DDR4 4400Mhz CL19 - GPU: nVidia RTX 3070 FE - M.2: Samsung 980 512GB - SSD: Samsung 840 Pro 256GB - Samsung 850 EVO 250GB - Sandisk Plus 240GB – HDD: WD Caviar Black 1TB – WD Caviar Blue 1TB – WD Caviar Black 2TB - PSU: Enermax Liberty 82+ PRO 620w - CASE: iTek Iron Soldier - MONITOR: 27” Acer ED270UP - Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit - KEYBOARD: Logitech G11 – MOUSE: Red Dragon Perdition
My X4 Steam screenshots.

Grifta
x4

Re: Hexagon HQ (Station Design Contest)

Post by Grifta » Mon, 30. Jan 23, 19:47

I just started building this, and I love it. It hits every box on self-sufficient, great style, and just large enough that it lags for a second, but doesn't grind the game to a halt.

I'm also impressed that you were able to get the build order to be fairly good with hull parts, claytronics, and then habs fairly early on to start supporting the construction.

*edit* I recommend these templates for the early game bootstrapping while building up to this build: viewtopic.php?f=195&t=450947

Jangulorr
x4

Post by Jangulorr » Mon, 6. Feb 23, 16:07

I really wanted to build this station. I'm disappointed that I can't load it in the editor to remove / replace the modules I don't have access to yet. What I find odd is that I can see a list of modules I'm missing in-game, but in the station editor it just says it can't be loaded due to 'unknown module'.

Is there a way that this could be built w/o the research station? Like, i completely struggle with building stations. I loathe it. The snapping and overall controls are just inadequate. I pop things in near me ... and they show up FAR away. Granted, in the Beta 6 PT 2 it's better ... but it's nothing anyone should be bragging about. My PHQ (since that's what it's called) is huge. I'd hate to know the complete loss I'd have if I had to rebuild my 'PHQ' station. I've over 30mil m3 of storage. My Habitats are different, my storages are different ... small changes need to be done in order to build this not using the PHQ (i think).

Any help would be appreciated. Beautiful design. But I think using the PHQ is what's causing the issue with it loading in the editor.

Dj_FRedy
x4

Post by Dj_FRedy » Mon, 6. Feb 23, 17:08

You can choose to delete or comment on the following entry found within the construction plan file:

Code: Select all

<entry index="1" macro="landmarks_player_hq_01_research_macro" fixed="1"/>
Or if you are testing Public Beta 6.00 you will find a plot with the HQ already installed. Both ways will let you load the shared construction plan here.
"All my contributions to the Technical Support and Public Beta Feedback sections will be concise and to the point, no diatribes, that's what the other sections are for".
Thank you for your efforts.

Jangulorr
x4

Post by Jangulorr » Tue, 7. Feb 23, 23:22

Dj_FRedy wrote:
Mon, 6. Feb 23, 17:08
You can choose to delete or comment on the following entry found within the construction plan file:

Code: Select all

<entry index="1" macro="landmarks_player_hq_01_research_macro" fixed="1"/>
Or if you are testing Public Beta 6.00 you will find a plot with the HQ already installed. Both ways will let you load the shared construction plan here.
Removing the line worked perfectly. Thank you.

Grifta
x4

Post by Grifta » Thu, 9. Feb 23, 21:39

I built this and started terraforming missions. This makes it an absolute breeze. Some notes for scrapping & Terran materials if people want to add onto this design:
  • You can fit 2 scrapping docks onto the administration center square on the top.
  • 2 Terran scrap processing units can be stuck on one side of that square as well or hidden under (but avoid blocking the L and XL docks
  • You can add several solar panels around the existing ones
  • 1 Metal Microlattice can be placed anywhere
  • 1-2 L Solid storage can be hidden underneath
I'm sure that there is a more efficient way to manufacture the Terran stuff, but I love the idea of scrapping for the small amounts that you need for ship components and terrforming tasks.

Return to “Construction Community”