Terran HQ

Forum for sharing construction plans and loadouts.

Moderators: Scripting / Modding Moderators, Moderators for English X Forum

humility925
x4

Re: Terran HQ

Post by humility925 » Sun, 17. Oct 21, 09:22

Thank you
Had a compassionate when you able... :)

Zloth2
x4

Post by Zloth2 » Wed, 20. Oct 21, 16:24

Nice overall design!
"If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home
and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here! It's wondrous, with
treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross, but it's not for the
timid." ---- Q

KalisaFox
x4

Post by KalisaFox » Mon, 25. Apr 22, 09:28

how are people placing things inbetween the asteroid and the structure of the HQ? for me theres a huge band of unbuildable area, it seems allot of designs on here place things where when i try its invalid and red, what am i missing o.O

GCU Grey Area
x4

Post by GCU Grey Area » Mon, 25. Apr 22, 11:30

KalisaFox wrote:
Mon, 25. Apr 22, 09:28
how are people placing things inbetween the asteroid and the structure of the HQ? for me theres a huge band of unbuildable area, it seems allot of designs on here place things where when i try its invalid and red, what am i missing o.O
Open editor settings (cogwheel icon at the top of the station editor screen) & select 'allow module overlap'.

KalisaFox
x4

Post by KalisaFox » Mon, 25. Apr 22, 12:49

cant belive i never noticed that option before, now if only there was an easier way to keep things aligned well moving them around XD

alexalsp
x4

Post by alexalsp » Mon, 25. Apr 22, 13:38

What is the size of the plot needed for the construction of the complex. What and how many resources have been spent, and what is the cost of the station?

Thank you. Magnificent complex.

GCU Grey Area
x4

Post by GCU Grey Area » Mon, 25. Apr 22, 14:50

alexalsp wrote:
Mon, 25. Apr 22, 13:38
What is the size of the plot needed for the construction of the complex. What and how many resources have been spent, and what is the cost of the station?

Thank you. Magnificent complex.
Thanks for your kind words. Station is an HQ so automatically has a full size plot. Resources used in construction: https://www.dropbox.com/s/fh575wa7cr6o4 ... 1.jpg?dl=0. According to custom game editor it's worth about 9.5 billion.

palm911
x4

Post by palm911 » Wed, 4. May 22, 20:26

HOLY COW, that is amazing,,,

vanilla compatible?
X gamer , one at a time.

GCU Grey Area
x4

Post by GCU Grey Area » Wed, 4. May 22, 20:53

palm911 wrote:
Wed, 4. May 22, 20:26
HOLY COW, that is amazing,,,

vanilla compatible?
Thanks. Had a lot of fun building it. It was made in a completely vanilla game.

palm911
x4

Post by palm911 » Thu, 5. May 22, 00:17

VERY NICE!

how many miners do you have working for that work of art?

how many piers (docks)?

and is that HQ able to do the atiya terraforming?

kinda love how organized it is!!!
X gamer , one at a time.

GCU Grey Area
x4

Post by GCU Grey Area » Thu, 5. May 22, 00:57

palm911 wrote:
Thu, 5. May 22, 00:17
VERY NICE!

how many miners do you have working for that work of art?
Didn't have any miners working directly for it. Instead they worked at a network of dedicated mining stations which shipped minerals & gases to HQ. Same stations also made energy cells for it. By the end had around 200 L miners working for those stations & around 500 M's transporting mined resources around the network. However many of these were idle quite a lot of the time as the resource requirements fluctuated wildly depending on what was needed by the currently active terraforming project. Could probably have managed with less than half of those numbers If I'd bothered to shift them around as the resource requirements changed.
how many piers (docks)?
30 piers, 3 of them protruding from each of the tower blocks on the perimeter of the station: https://www.dropbox.com/s/bhjco6sby5r9s ... 1.jpg?dl=0
and is that HQ able to do the atiya terraforming?

kinda love how organized it is!!!
Did all of the terraforming projects with that HQ, concluding with Atiya's.

palm911
x4

Post by palm911 » Thu, 5. May 22, 01:14

awesome, care to share one of your mining outpost (mineral and gas?) to check what was in those plans,

i currently have everything mined directly to HQ, but i am starting to think that maybe, your solution is a lot better.
X gamer , one at a time.

GCU Grey Area
x4

Post by GCU Grey Area » Thu, 5. May 22, 11:51

palm911 wrote:
Thu, 5. May 22, 01:14
awesome, care to share one of your mining outpost (mineral and gas?) to check what was in those plans,

i currently have everything mined directly to HQ, but i am starting to think that maybe, your solution is a lot better.
Sure, no problem. Got a couple of versions for you to consider.

1. Terran mining outpost/SPP
Construction plan: https://www.dropbox.com/s/b0z9zfogp3omn ... P.xml?dl=1
Screenshot: https://www.dropbox.com/s/x7xwxnudbm6fr ... 1.jpg?dl=0
This was the version I used with the Terran HQ. Not entirely happy with how it turned out aesthetically, but it is functional.

2. Commonwealth mining outpost/SPP
Construction plan: https://www.dropbox.com/s/uba7mzmceiu4o ... P.xml?dl=1
Screenshot: https://www.dropbox.com/s/6qrfxh0o1k728 ... 1.jpg?dl=0
Built this type in my 5.0 game, after it became possible to rotate modules around more than 1 axis. Much happier with how this one looks.
Last edited by GCU Grey Area on Thu, 5. May 22, 16:46, edited 1 time in total.

palm911
x4

Post by palm911 » Thu, 5. May 22, 16:23

ill show you my little outposts in a bit, i started porting my miners from HQ to those instead, (i think i will need to move more to silicon than to ore)

how do you move from those trading stations to the hq AND other bases? ? using the repeat orders command?
X gamer , one at a time.

GCU Grey Area
x4

Post by GCU Grey Area » Thu, 5. May 22, 17:05

palm911 wrote:
Thu, 5. May 22, 16:23
ill show you my little outposts in a bit, i started porting my miners from HQ to those instead, (i think i will need to move more to silicon than to ore)

how do you move from those trading stations to the hq AND other bases? ? using the repeat orders command?
Had M miners assigned as station traders for those mining outposts, with prices set so resources would flow in the right direction, i.e. selling price at the most distant mining outpost would be 1cr lower than the buy price at the next, which would in turn sell for 1cr higher than that, and so on, until the HQ which offered the highest buy price of all. Those prices were adjusted as needed to switch the direction of flow of resources as the HQ jumped around the map for different terraforming projects.

palm911
x4

Post by palm911 » Fri, 6. May 22, 01:11

i started to see how that thing , amazing HQ got build, and i am speechless, what you did with the piers ,, amazing, then the habitat,,, really cool

i noticed there is no Energy cells fabs in it.

how many energy cell fabs do you use to feed the monster?

i am having a blast in seta as i write

edit how did you managed to put a M habitation inside the L habitation module? geez, ahahahaha
X gamer , one at a time.

GCU Grey Area
x4

Post by GCU Grey Area » Fri, 6. May 22, 09:40

palm911 wrote:
Fri, 6. May 22, 01:11
i noticed there is no Energy cells fabs in it.

how many energy cell fabs do you use to feed the monster?
Energy cells were produced at the mining outposts (see screenshot in earlier post). Each outpost had 32 Terran solar panels & there were 9 of them. 3 in Trinity Sanctum III, 3 in Grand Exchange I & 3 in The Void, though the outposts in The Void were mostly just transfer stations (no miners were assigned to these outposts, they were placed well above the hazardous regions simply to ensure that flightpaths through the sector would be safe for transport M's making deliveries to terraforming projects in Getsu Fune, Frontier's Edge & Atiya's Misfortune). So in total there were 288 Terran solar panels powering the monster. This was overkill, but no idea by how much.
edit how did you managed to put a M habitation inside the L habitation module? geez, ahahahaha
Essentially I used a series of basic structural elements as a form of scaffolding to create the ½ unit offset required to place an M habitation unit inside an L:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/d67hthq5rkwb4 ... 1.jpg?dl=0
Incidentally, I also used a similar approach with Terran M storage modules to achieve ½ unit vertical offset for the habitation modules:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/hsctvanosb41w ... 1.jpg?dl=0
Then I just delete all the scaffolding when everything's in place.

palm911
x4

Post by palm911 » Fri, 6. May 22, 16:42

i am learning a lot of new stuff by just watching your HQ being build, and thanks for the tips,

it will be a while before i can ferry materials using M ships, as the docs are actually the S/M fabrication facilities

it is getting close to build the first XL fab facility, only way to send resources will be using piers. (the station has all the building materials and it is using a player construction vessel with 100 construction drones in it,. (it will be a couple days i think XD

this has been a revealing and fun experience, i see there is also space at the bottom of it for more container modules?
X gamer , one at a time.

HydraX
x4

Post by HydraX » Sat, 9. Jul 22, 21:10

Week in ... still building it. I have made some of my own stations and with snapping they where making me go MAD.
Tip my hat to you for making something like this!

Return to “Construction Community”