SLI Factory Concept

Forum for sharing construction plans and loadouts.

Moderators: Scripting / Modding Moderators, Moderators for English X Forum

RLSa
x4

SLI Factory Concept

Post by RLSa » Tue, 6. Jul 21, 01:05

Everyone at some point want a megaplex to build ships. But they are really megaexpensive for a new/mid player and even lack some time to plan something easy to scale.
So, the idea is to build a modular station, capable to self expand and scale production with ease, to build ships.

Considerations, the max plot size has 20x20x20 (XYZ), and an E Pier can fit his wider side on a 7km plot, but the dock bays needs a 10x4 size. These are nice round numbers and we can slice the 20x20x20 plot as 20 slots of 10x4x10. 5 tiers of 4 slots to build and connect. And the Plan needs to offer some way to connect others slots.

This is my approach for a 10x4x10 plot:
SLI01.jpg
A single 3M6S dock as starter, only one pier and a ton of production modules, storages and Argon Habitats, everything to supply a Wharf.
But wait... how to expand and connect all this?
SLI02.jpg
This connector on back side will do the trick. It's positioned do match the Dock after rotate the module.
What?!?

Let's expand to a 20x4x10 plot...
SLI03.jpg
Copy all the the sequence starting with the dock... rotate 90 degrees, and connect!
Now you literally double the production, storage, docs and Piers. But this is just half a tier...

Expand to a 20x4x20 plot...
SLI04.jpg
As before, copy all the sequence, rotate 90 degrees, and connect!
You will notice that the backside connector now is side by side to the first dock, but they don't connect. And yes, we will take advantage of that...

Expand to a 20x8x20 plot...
SLI06.jpg
Copy two times the vertical connector section to prepare for the new tier upside...

RLSa
x4

Re: SLI Factory Concept

Post by RLSa » Tue, 6. Jul 21, 01:06

AND copy all the sequence from the start dock...
SLI05.jpg
To bug everything.

LOL!

The plan for this factory...
slifactory.xml
(181.09 KiB) Downloaded 370 times
Next time I will try a Teladi Only with 2 Piers... :P

strask412
x4

Post by strask412 » Sat, 17. Jul 21, 22:28

The design is very impressive! Downloaded and will toy around with this one, thanks!
"If I were a shadowy nemesis that wanted to strike the Protectorate where it's weakest, Pioneers space is where I'd begin."
- Delilah Shiratori

RLSa
x4

Post by RLSa » Wed, 21. Jul 21, 00:22

Thanks! I spent a couple weeks trying how to modularize.
It's really hard to balance the production, and fit everything is a challenge.

Baconnaise
x4

Post by Baconnaise » Mon, 20. Dec 21, 17:29

I like what you're doing here. Ego will hopefully be able to expand upon this in the future.

Return to “Construction Community”