Build Order Menu - Change Request

Forum for sharing construction plans and loadouts.

Moderators: Scripting / Modding Moderators, Moderators for English X Forum

Baddieus
x4

Build Order Menu - Change Request

Post by Baddieus » Sat, 10. Apr 21, 15:45

I find myself having to plan modules in order of construction to get a station partially running while the rest is completed .. but then had a thought I hope is easy enough to add-in.

The menu on the right when designing a station, if we could drag the build order around, and ctrl+select a sequence or right-click copy/remove in there .. that sure would be handy.

Thanks,

-Baddieus-

karabAs
x3tc

Re: Build Order Menu - Change Request

Post by karabAs » Sat, 10. Apr 21, 19:40

Agreed. It would be very handy. +1

RLSa
x4

Post by RLSa » Mon, 26. Jul 21, 21:50

This is not so easy implement... the ID of each piece is created by sequence, and just changing the order, you will disrupt how they connects and inherits from other sequences.

Sandtrooper

Post by Sandtrooper » Mon, 28. Feb 22, 01:59

My solution to this:
If you left click and release the button on an item, this gives you the changed cursor which toggles the 'manipulate' mode. It also allows the drag & return from and to its position. This is handy if the other side was something you wanted to have constructed before whatever you just dragged.

Here's how I do it:
Left-click on the 'offending' structure or branch of structures and drag it/them away from where they're connected and then back again before releasing the mouse button. Upon releasing the mouse button, you'll see that the order has changed.

As we construct our stations, we see where the non-productive items are and often prefer that these are inserted later. If construction has not yet worked its way down to these, the above method can be used. I save cross sections etc until last by doing this because after some storage, I want the resources and them production. I also prefer to use storage instead of wasteful horizontal or vertical connectors.

In this way, I have constructed a 'front' and then coped & pasted it, turned it 180 degrees whilst looking down on it and then 'slid' the copy onto the back of the first. Sometimes, a storage unit can be the connector. I've used Teladi 'large' storage for this function due to having 4-way connections at the top as well as top-bottom though connectivity. In other words, all six 'faces'. I think of them as a cross-piece with a deep storage beneath.

I hope that helps anyone needing to changed the order of construction.
The ability to destroy a wallet is insignificant next to the power of a growing collection.

Return to “Construction Community”