Trading Hub - basics?

Forum for sharing construction plans and loadouts.

Moderators: Scripting / Modding Moderators, Moderators for English X Forum

Tempest
x4

Trading Hub - basics?

Post by Tempest » Mon, 29. Mar 21, 15:13

does this still work / anyone still use these ?

trying to get more Terran products into the eastern part of my map (and in the end, vice-versa) doing some of my own heavy construction-work in the eastern part, but this is going to take a while.

involving wares;
Computronic Substrate
Silicon Carbide
Metallic Microlattice

layout;?
- dock
- storage
- no production-modules?
- drop trading-ships into the "trade for" slot?
- inject credits into the station funds

i tried searching but "Hub" naturally turns up too many unrelated hits, i remember seeing this posted here once, but unable to find it again.
AMD 5800X|Gskill 4x8GB 3800C14 (MCLK:1800 for Coupled mode)|Gigabyte X570 Elite F37|TUF3080|Samsung NVME 980 Pro 250|ASUS PG279QE 2560x1440@144

grapedog
x4

Re: Trading Hub - basics?

Post by grapedog » Wed, 31. Mar 21, 12:08

Tempest wrote:
Mon, 29. Mar 21, 15:13

trying to get more Terran products into the eastern part of my map (and in the end, vice-versa) doing some of my own heavy construction-work in the eastern part, but this is going to take a while.

involving wares;
Computronic Substrate
Silicon Carbide
Metallic Microlattice

layout;?
- dock
- storage
- no production-modules?

i tried searching but "Hub" naturally turns up too many unrelated hits, i remember seeing this posted here once, but unable to find it again.
All i do is a 3pier, 3m6s dock, and container storage. Easy setup... just add traders

From what I understand/have read here, the profit margins are pretty slim. So you might have to start out buying at medium to high prices, and selling for only a little higher.

Though with CoH wares, you will have zero business outside TER/PIO spaces except for what you create yourself. The commonwealth npcs wont buy/use those materials at all, aside from stimulants to black markets you have opened, and medical supplies which are universal to every race.

I do wish each side had some small use for each others wares.
Last edited by grapedog on Wed, 31. Mar 21, 12:12, edited 1 time in total.

Tempest
x4

Post by Tempest » Wed, 31. Mar 21, 22:34

grapedog wrote:
Wed, 31. Mar 21, 12:08
Tempest wrote:
Mon, 29. Mar 21, 15:13

involving wares;
Computronic Substrate
Silicon Carbide
Metallic Microlattice

layout;?
- dock
- storage
- no production-modules?

All i do is a 3pier, 3m6s dock, and container storage. Easy setup... just add traders

From what I understand/have read here, the profit margins are pretty slim. So you might have to start out buying at medium to high prices, and selling for only a little higher.

Though with CoH wares, you will have zero business outside TER/PIO spaces except for what you create yourself. The commonwealth npcs wont buy/use those materials at all, aside from stimulants to black markets you have opened, and medical supplies which are universal to every race.

I do wish each side had some small use for each others wares.
alright, thanks.

not bothered w. profit, i just want the terran goods moved to fulfill my shipyard's needs as it's 10-11 "gates" away from Terran space.

bridging Terran space with the eastern part of the map, if that makes any sense.
AMD 5800X|Gskill 4x8GB 3800C14 (MCLK:1800 for Coupled mode)|Gigabyte X570 Elite F37|TUF3080|Samsung NVME 980 Pro 250|ASUS PG279QE 2560x1440@144

RLSa
x4

Post by RLSa » Wed, 21. Jul 21, 17:21

You can do that with repeat orders, or transpose with a couple trade strations and a couple trade rules.

On first hub set a rule to sell only for your faction, and put the prices at minimum.
On the second hub, usually at 4 or 5 sectors distance, tied to your managers level, set a rule to buy only with your faction, and put the prices at minimum and sell at minimum +1.
On the third, the same as the second, but with prices +1 and +2, to buy and sell, and so on...

If a station have the same price to Buy and Sell... they will buy and sell on the same station. :?

With this approach you can set and forget.

Return to “Construction Community”