Station collection suggestion.

Forum for sharing construction plans and loadouts.

Moderators: Scripting / Modding Moderators, Moderators for English X Forum

Alexei_Gladkikh
x3tc

Station collection suggestion.

Post by Alexei_Gladkikh » Fri, 4. Dec 20, 00:40

I do not understand an obsession's with mega Factories in this forum. There are unpractical to operate and to build.

I would be make much more sense economically to create production chains plans based on basic resources needed, collected locally. Idea would be minimization of transports needed.

I am relatively new to the game, But for me Argon food and medical complex make sense. Ice - Wheat, Meat, spices, medical, rations.

Then Hill Parts: Ore - refined metal, hill parts. Not self sufficient but I would assume Ore and refined metal bulky, compare to other inputs.

Now we can use our own parts to build other stations.

I found strange no one make economical plans.

lobbotekka2019

Re: Station collection suggestion.

Post by lobbotekka2019 » Tue, 8. Dec 20, 03:50

I agree. We need a lot more construction plans for smaller stations and individual process components.

I would also like gate defence plans. There seems to be no gate defence plans available.

Lord Dakier
x4

Post by Lord Dakier » Sat, 12. Dec 20, 16:22

Mega stations are simply more efficient and pound for pound better. They don't really require any transports so long as AI are buying the product themselves and aiding in the initial start-up. That doesn't mean smaller stations aren't beneficial either as they obviously build far quicker.

I've made a mineral station that refines all the base minerals and gases and then used other stations to collect from this one.

grapedog
x4

Post by grapedog » Tue, 15. Dec 20, 06:51

I think out of the probably 200+ stations i have built through my playthroughs. I have built 2 mega fsctories. I don't use SETA so they take for frigging ever, and they're almost always ugly as hell. It's difficult to make something that big that looks good too. I have seen like 3 megas that players have built that don't look like crap. I too much prefer more smaller stations.... it just looks so much better.

When i get back from deployment in march, ill start posting some of my stations. Usually they are species themed, so like all SPL pieces or all PAR pieces, and fit specific needs. They all look good, and most of them are self sufficient, or close to it. I sometimes leave gaps in production for NPCs to fill.

I also build my ECell modules to face the sun in that sector, and leave them unblocked by other construction, while also having my docks/pier facing the shipping lanes. So other users might want to rebuild the solar panels to face the sun in their sector, and move the docks around. I also usually build one or two extra luxury docks, so i can observe my station from the ground level.

Building stations is one of my favorite activities.

akideoni
x4

Post by akideoni » Thu, 28. Jan 21, 04:05

My middle ground answer.

viewtopic.php?f=195&t=432724

Its just a set piece for the moment.

Its small, but it had most of the "difficult items" in house.

Return to “Construction Community”