"KnoWhere" - Player-HQ Variation

Forum for sharing construction plans and loadouts.

Moderators: Scripting / Modding Moderators, Moderators for English X Forum

Repli
x4

"KnoWhere" - Player-HQ Variation

Post by Repli » Fri, 16. Oct 20, 18:06

Hey guys,
first of all, thank you for your comments on steam for this project.
I received many requests for sharing the construction plans - so here we are:
Pictures:
https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net/ ... D37B896BD/
https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net/ ... FCFE6265B/
https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net/ ... 342F73F87/

I planned and built it a long time ago, but tested today again with 3.3.
In my latest playtrough, i did not built it again because it is a performance-killer.
Therefore I take no responsibilty for exploding hardware or gamebraking performance :oops:
The huge amount of defence-platforms seems to be a big reason for performance-issues.

It consists of nearly 1300 modules and as far as I remember, every (but venture-modules) buildable modul is included. It is complete functional (as far as I know), but I am really not sure about the balancing of production modules anymore. :oops:
Probably you will have overproduction of some wares. The shipyards are self-sufficient.
Population is around 35k.
Edit: maybe some pathing-problems occur while in sector, didn't oberserved it actively.

The xml-file is larger than the allowed 512 kilobyte, so I attached a compressed file. If there are any problems with it, please report.

Have fun!
Attachments
knowhere.7z
(32.07 KiB) Downloaded 1355 times

Scarletian
x4

Re: "KnoWhere" - Player-HQ Variation

Post by Scarletian » Wed, 21. Oct 20, 08:25

Wow!

Vyktor Viper
x4

Post by Vyktor Viper » Sat, 24. Oct 20, 21:14

Wow....that is a massive complex. It's alot of space to work with but not much my hardware can do with it lol.
Really job well done.

Kabalake
x4

Post by Kabalake » Mon, 26. Oct 20, 17:30

Mega nice build but, i dont like the Player HQ and i hope the Hq get a upgrade in the new DLC in 2021.

So i have replace the HQ in the xml, load ist delete the replace ingame and exportet it.

here is your Mega nice Creation without the Player HQ to place it everywere.

I call it The City.
Attachments
The City.rar
(29.86 KiB) Downloaded 711 times

Baconnaise
x4

Post by Baconnaise » Wed, 31. Mar 21, 14:09

Gorgeous.

GDS_dmitry
x4

Post by GDS_dmitry » Tue, 17. Aug 21, 11:54

After building this, every time when Dal Busta is trying to contact me from HQ Science module, the game lags terribly (about 7 to 10 second freeze) =)
But I guess it's normal for this size.
Ryzen 5950x @ 4.7 GHz / 32 GB DDR4 3600 MHz RAM / NVidia 3070Ti RTX 8 GB / Windows 11

Caedes91
x4

Post by Caedes91 » Sun, 22. Aug 21, 17:53

Very cool looking station!!! Thank you for sharing your work.

Fo anyone who has Fps problems: You might be able to reduce the lagging a bit by removing unnecessary modules.
If you take a closer look, there are many modules, that overlap and clip to each other. Even modules that are twice in the same location and rotation, meaning they completely lay on top of each other. There are also modules, that serve no other purpose than filling up space to trick you into thinking, that the station is one solid platform. On the other hand there are production modules floating around, that aren't connected at all. The entire station also goes "out of bounds", because the exploit of dragging entire sequences in and then out was used for the entire station.
Additionally, the docks and wharf modules for the L- and XL ships cause pathing problems, propably because of aforementioned trickery with placing modules like that. Even under normal circumstances, the AI is already stupid enough. Now I observe them crashing into each other and rotating endlessly. Keep the station running for a while and you'll notice that it's almost exlusively M-Miners, that contribute ot the station, since L-ships cannot dock effectively. Even on Version 4.00. You should therfore remove them, or drag them farther out of the station.
Instead of the single piers, which are too close to each other and clip through the station from the "middle ring section", you could use the 3-pier E-Docks. Is more legit in my opinion. And who knows: Egosoft is adding explosion damage in the next patch. In the future they could decide to patch the exploit of placing modules in places you normally are not allowed. Maybe the station then explodes...
You also don't need the many defensive platforms. Remove them or if you have the DLC, replace them with the terran ring-defence module. As far as I know the only defence module with vertical mount points.
After doing all this, I removed around 400 modules and gained about 12-16 FPS more.

Again, thank you for your awesome looking station. I didn't mean to criticize you. It's the opposite, I quite like the hexagon look of this space city!!!

jaspericus
x4

Post by jaspericus » Sat, 18. Sep 21, 19:32

Repli wrote:
Fri, 16. Oct 20, 18:06
Hey guys,
Pictures:

In my latest playtrough, i did not built it again because it is a performance-killer.
Therefore I take no responsibilty for exploding hardware or gamebraking performance :oops:
The huge amount of defence-platforms seems to be a big reason for performance-issues.

It consists of nearly 1300 modules and as far as I remember, every (but venture-modules) buildable modul is included. It is complete functional (as far as I know), but I am really not sure about the balancing of production modules anymore. :oops:
Probably you will have overproduction of some wares. The shipyards are self-sufficient.
Edit: maybe some pathing-problems occur while in sector, didn't oberserved it actively.

The xml-file is larger than the allowed 512 kilobyte, so I attached a compressed file. If there are any problems with it, please report.

Have fun!
hi can you just attach the html as for some reason the rar wont open without an error

Repli
x4

Post by Repli » Tue, 21. Sep 21, 18:13

jaspericus wrote:
Sat, 18. Sep 21, 19:32
Repli wrote:
Fri, 16. Oct 20, 18:06
Hey guys,
Pictures:

Have fun!
hi can you just attach the html as for some reason the rar wont open without an error
Hey, tried the download again by myself, unpacked with "7zip" and there is the xml-File without error. What exactly do you mean with "html" ? Is it helpful to convert the xml-file to html-file? Sorry but I do not understand what you want me to do :oops:

Dragaunus

Post by Dragaunus » Fri, 8. Oct 21, 01:51

I LOVE your design! My only feedback is the actual construction modules aren't till almost the very end of the construction queue. It looks great and is every growing, but even with full supplies to the build storage...it's taking days of game play to complete. The reason this is a bit frustrating is that without construction modules of some kind you can't make terraforming drones and I'm eager to start that process.

Repli
x4

Post by Repli » Fri, 8. Oct 21, 07:25

Hey,
thanks for the feedback. Yes, fair point indeed.
The whole thing was planned with game-version 1.5. So it was a "just for fun" project at this time, because of terraforming was not even thought about :wink:
For perfomance reasons I think it might be good to reduce the amount of defense-modules. Unfortunately you can not alter the queue.
With 1.5. it was possible to build in the hitboxes of wharfes and docks with a trick, I do not know if this would cause trouble on 4.1, because the hitboxes are now considered in any circumstances :idea:
Sadly you can not spawn the whole thing in the custom game start, because of the "unknown" HQ module, as far as I see.

Return to “Construction Community”