Station Plans - Various

Forum for sharing construction plans and loadouts.

Moderators: Scripting / Modding Moderators, Moderators for English X Forum

Sam L.R. Griffiths
x4

Station Plans - Various

Post by Sam L.R. Griffiths » Tue, 11. Aug 20, 23:59

Hi everyone,

Please see attached a number of station plans that I particularly liked my designs of.

WARNING: These are large plot designs and the Shipyard may be particularly demanding even on relatively high-end rigs.

NOTE: Some of the exports are too large to attach so have been ZIP Compressed using Windows 10 native Compressed Folder, please comment if you have trouble extracting the plan(s).

NOTE: Unless stated otherwise, these station plans are Argon centric designs with some parts (mainly loadout elements) from other races (Teladi/Argon/Split).

Will attach more as I get them exported.

Enjoy!
Attachments
ebi shipyard.xml
20km x 20km x 20km Super Shipyard
(398.12 KiB) Downloaded 799 times
ebi trading station.xml
20km x 20km x 20km Trading Station
(459.82 KiB) Downloaded 726 times
ebi shipyard (with basement storage).zip
20km x 20km x 20km Super Shipyard (with 108M additional container storage)
(33.08 KiB) Downloaded 549 times
ebi overseer.xml
4km x 4km x 10km Overseer (Small Outpost)
(63.69 KiB) Downloaded 589 times
ebi space city (base).zip
20km x 20km x 20km Space City (Base) - evolution of Super Shipyard
(45.37 KiB) Downloaded 590 times
Lenna (aka [SRK] The_Rabbit)

"Understanding is a three edged sword... your side, their side... and the Truth!" - J.J. Sheriden, Babylon 5 S4E6 T28:55

"May god stand between you and harm in all the dark places you must walk." - Ancient Egyption Proverb

"When eating an elephant take one bite at a time" - Creighton Abrams

Sam L.R. Griffiths
x4

Re: Station Plans - Various

Post by Sam L.R. Griffiths » Tue, 6. Oct 20, 23:15

Added two more evolutions of the baseline Shipyard Design.
Attachments
ebi space city (open loop shipyard).zip
20km x 20km x 20km Space Station (Ship Construction+Minimal Resource Chains)
(50.03 KiB) Downloaded 363 times
ebi space city (double power).zip
20km x 20km x 20km Space Station (Double Solar Power of Base Design)
(52.45 KiB) Downloaded 376 times

"Understanding is a three edged sword... your side, their side... and the Truth!" - J.J. Sheriden, Babylon 5 S4E6 T28:55

"May god stand between you and harm in all the dark places you must walk." - Ancient Egyption Proverb

Sam L.R. Griffiths
x4

Post by Sam L.R. Griffiths » Sun, 21. Mar 21, 05:33

Added a Terran Station design
terran space city.xml
20km x 20km x 20km Terran Space City (inc. Food, Terran Materials, and Ship Construction)
(74.38 KiB) Downloaded 473 times

PetitViet
x4

Post by PetitViet » Sun, 21. Mar 21, 14:46

merci

Sam L.R. Griffiths
x4

Post by Sam L.R. Griffiths » Tue, 23. Mar 21, 06:22

Expanded my Terran Space City a bit...
terram space city (24k).xml
20km x 20km x 20km Terran Space City (24k pop, 3 Fleet Yard levels)
(225.79 KiB) Downloaded 411 times

Baconnaise
x4

Post by Baconnaise » Fri, 26. Mar 21, 22:31

They look good. I haven't tried building any of them as of yet though. They should do nicely for Holy Terra.

EDIT: I built a couple of the terram megaplexes and they're fantastic. They build relatively quickly with build time set to 60s per module. Loving the Terran designs in X4. Argon isn't bad at all but for some reason, the XR designs seemed to have more "soul". Teladi are cool as always.

Sam L.R. Griffiths
x4

Post by Sam L.R. Griffiths » Thu, 8. Apr 21, 23:16

Baconnaise wrote:
Fri, 26. Mar 21, 22:31
They look good. I haven't tried building any of them as of yet though. They should do nicely for Holy Terra.

EDIT: I built a couple of the terram megaplexes and they're fantastic. They build relatively quickly with build time set to 60s per module. Loving the Terran designs in X4. Argon isn't bad at all but for some reason, the XR designs seemed to have more "soul". Teladi are cool as always.
Thanks for the feedback :)

My Terran Shipyards are not quite optimal, should have attached the docking port "arms" to the 1-dock port rather than the storage tower. That way it would have left more comfort room for expanding ship yard material/resource storage.

FTR the default loadouts for the Terran Defence platforms leave them at least half empty thus the initial Terran station designs are not as well defended as I had intended them to be.

WARNING reference Solar Power and Sol:
Spoiler
Show
Pointless building (terran?) solar power plant modules in most places in Sol except possibly Mars or closer - not enough sunlight to cause energy cell generation - especially true of Pluto/Oort Cloud.
Will be uploading a couple of newer designs soon (inc. Screen shots this time): A terran trading station, and a modified ship yard design.

Baconnaise
x4

Post by Baconnaise » Thu, 15. Apr 21, 13:49

Roger L.S. Griffiths wrote:
Thu, 8. Apr 21, 23:16
Baconnaise wrote:
Fri, 26. Mar 21, 22:31

Thanks for the feedback :)

My Terran Shipyards are not quite optimal, should have attached the docking port "arms" to the 1-dock port rather than the storage tower. That way it would have left more comfort room for expanding ship yard material/resource storage.

FTR the default loadouts for the Terran Defence platforms leave them at least half empty thus the initial Terran station designs are not as well defended as I had intended them to be.

WARNING reference Solar Power and Sol:
Spoiler
Show
Pointless building (terran?) solar power plant modules in most places in Sol except possibly Mars or closer - not enough sunlight to cause energy cell generation - especially true of Pluto/Oort Cloud.
Will be uploading a couple of newer designs soon (inc. Screen shots this time): A terran trading station, and a modified ship yard design.
The only edit I did to the megaplex shipyard was to set the presets so all the turrets or shields would get added. It just takes getting used to (for me) how the Terran stations require different and less than the standard shipyards do for the other races. I initially thought diving into this new Xpac that these designs were missing things. I'm looking forward to more designs.

Sam L.R. Griffiths
x4

Post by Sam L.R. Griffiths » Sun, 18. Apr 21, 00:54

terran trading station.xml
Terran Trading/Base Station (+/-10km x 0-20km x +/-10km Plot - Station aligned to top centre)
(404.27 KiB) Downloaded 290 times
20210417233439_1.jpg
View of Terran Trading Station from cockpit of Yaki Fighter
terran space city (v2_12k).xml
(315.12 KiB) Downloaded 259 times
(Screenshot to follow)

Baconnaise
x4

Post by Baconnaise » Sun, 18. Apr 21, 14:28

Another set of nice stations. :mrgreen:

Sam L.R. Griffiths
x4

Post by Sam L.R. Griffiths » Sun, 23. May 21, 00:15

This is the notionally final evolution of my latest Terran Shipyard/Space City design (screen shots to follow once latest stage of construction is complete)
terran arcology.zip
Terran Arcology (20km x 20km x 20km plot - 68k Max. Pop.)
(20.97 KiB) Downloaded 334 times

Return to “Construction Community”