How do you use templates in stages?

Forum for sharing construction plans and loadouts.

Moderators: Scripting / Modding Moderators, Moderators for English X Forum

MageMatthew
x4

How do you use templates in stages?

Post by MageMatthew » Thu, 18. Jun 20, 18:48

I think I know what I did hmm wrong but I want to know before wasting several more hours.

1. Build a large base frame with lots storage and lots of refining modules and included needed housing an support modals, saved the station as phase 1
2. Added all needed intermediate production Saved it as phase 2.
3. Added in Finished goods and beefed up refining and intermediate production with final touch up of Energy/Population/storage saved as phase 3.

So 1 - 3 all load in perfectly fine separately but not as addons. Because when I build 1 and the load in phase 2 it delete all the previous items.

If I want them to be modular I would need 2 different saves one for here is station temple 1-3 jumping right to 2 or 3 if I had money

But to be modular I need to save the next completed phase without any of the previous phases items.
Here till X10 at least.

Anthoam
x4

Re: How do you use templates in stages?

Post by Anthoam » Fri, 19. Jun 20, 05:09

When using a template/plan it deletes everything before constructing again, even if you have same modules at the same place between two templates.

P.S. : you posted this topic twice, be sure to delete the first one ^^

MageMatthew
x4

Post by MageMatthew » Fri, 19. Jun 20, 14:58

That’s the problem I am having it deletes the earlier phases even though they are the exactly the same base.

Is there no way to have modular station templates.

I was going to try phase 1 base save it. The add on factories I want before saving It as phase 2 I would delete the phase 1 parts so there is no overlap. Does that work?
Here till X10 at least.

BrasatoAlBarolo
x4

Post by BrasatoAlBarolo » Tue, 23. Jun 20, 10:43

The possibility to load more plans into a single one would be awesome.
This way you can save a lot of small module sequences, for instance a 10-modules plan to build claytronics and another 10-modules plan to build hull parts, and add both to the station you're building.

ZeroBoogie
x4

Post by ZeroBoogie » Tue, 23. Jun 20, 19:23

BrasatoAlBarolo wrote:
Tue, 23. Jun 20, 10:43
The possibility to load more plans into a single one would be awesome.
This way you can save a lot of small module sequences, for instance a 10-modules plan to build claytronics and another 10-modules plan to build hull parts, and add both to the station you're building.
I would also love to see this implemented at some point, I dont know if it is possible for the devs to do it down the road one day.

visi
x4

Post by visi » Tue, 13. Apr 21, 09:55

You can edit the XML files.
So you can append one Plan to another.
You just have to edit the Element Index.
So both Plans from 1 to e.g.49
Then you go
1 to 49
Append the secon Plan
(After last item and before </plan></plans>)
Then edit Index of euch item from 1 to 49 to 50 to 98

There is also the Index of the item you snaped to.
If you don't change it as well, you May have to snap all the items manually to drag them as a group
So it is Kind of time consuming - einher way

Best would be to first move both plots in opposite corners before exporting them.

arshiba
x4

Post by arshiba » Tue, 11. May 21, 14:21

Sometimes modular/phased construction works. Within the same game and if there are no rollbacks to previous saves.
I did it in this order.
Designed station A. Saved to plan 1.
Loaded plan 1 to station B.
Waited for completion.
Expanded station A. Saved to plan 2.
Loaded plan 2 to station B and with ~75% chance (on 3 out of 4 cloned stations) it was applied without removing modules.
Repeated several iterations.
After starting a new game, all plans turn into a pumpkin.

RLSa
x4

Post by RLSa » Mon, 5. Jul 21, 23:07

You need to build a station caring about the supply chain. For example let's build a simple factory for Microchips on stages, but the concept is the same for megaplexes . Use the Station Planner (through the create a new game option) to plan the entire station on sequence, build dock, pier, container, energy cells, solid, silicon wafers and Microchips. When everything is Ok, save the plan.

Load your game, buy a plot with exactly the size used at Station Planner (X+, X-, Y+, Y-, Z+, Z-) and load your plan. Now let's construct the first section... Energy Cells! Just delete everything after the Energy Cells production. So you will get a dock, pier, container and energy cells production. The trick part... don't change the plan. Just delete. If you change anything, it will reconstruct everything after the module changed. Confirm Changes and build.

The second phase, reload the plan, and delete just the Microchips Factory. Confirm Changes and Build.

The last phase, just reload the plan, and build.

If you plan your station for phased construction, it will be very simple to apply.

Return to “Construction Community”