7.0b8 - game freezing when increasing size of station plots

This forum provides information on obtaining access to Public Beta versions of X4: Foundations allowing people running those versions to provide feedback on their experiences.

Moderator: DevNet Public Moderators

Vertigo 7
x4

7.0b8 - game freezing when increasing size of station plots

Post by Vertigo 7 » Tue, 11. Jun 24, 00:33

I start with placing a default 4x4x4 plot, drag it and place it again to get the "continue" button to show. I then start adjusting the sliders (and i do it in this order to get the anchor point to stick close to the edge instead of the center of the plot for really big stations since that's where ships initially fly towards before moving towards a docking point). as the slider values increases, the game freezes, both while clicking and holding or repeatedly clicking - music still playing but otherwise completely unresponsive. have to alt+f4 to close it, no crash report. Sometimes i can get the first slider in the X+ axis to increase but as i start the Y+ it will then freeze.

The ultimate goal for me is to create a plot with the following values:

Plots are not intercepting any other plot or object, completely wide open space just to the right of the super highways in Nopileos' Fortune VI.
The Future is Progressive!
rebellionpac.com
Fight white supremacy, fight corporate influence, fight for the rights of all peoples!

Vertigo 7
x4

Re: 7.0b8 - game freezing when increasing size of station plots

Post by Vertigo 7 » Tue, 11. Jun 24, 00:45

rebellionpac.com
Fight white supremacy, fight corporate influence, fight for the rights of all peoples!

Vertigo 7
x4

Post by Vertigo 7 » Tue, 11. Jun 24, 02:21

I didn't think to test this but just confirmed its only happening while in sector. out of sector, I can adjust the plot sizes without the game freezing.
rebellionpac.com

Ketraar
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by Ketraar » Wed, 12. Jun 24, 14:46

Was not able to reproduce your issue added several plots and it worked as expected.

If you have any additional info or maybe debuglog feel free t post but without a repro case there is not much that can be done.

MFG

Ketraar

Vertigo 7
x4

Post by Vertigo 7 » Wed, 12. Jun 24, 16:41

i don't, unfortunately. if this keeps happening, i'll just pop out of sector to make the plots. nbd.
rebellionpac.com

Return to “X4: Foundations - Public Beta Feedback”