[7.0 Beta 8] Gate to Split territory in Heretic's end sector can't be targetet by autopilot when unrevealed

This forum provides information on obtaining access to Public Beta versions of X4: Foundations allowing people running those versions to provide feedback on their experiences.

Moderator: DevNet Public Moderators

_SNy
x4

[7.0 Beta 8] Gate to Split territory in Heretic's end sector can't be targetet by autopilot when unrevealed

Post by _SNy » Mon, 10. Jun 24, 15:06

Hi,

for reproduction: Start game with "Emergence" game start. Skip scenes. Fly to heretics end. Long range scan to reveal the question mark for the gate. Lock on with the leading system. Try to start Autopilot. Autopilot will tell you to find the Split sector first. Expected behavour would be to start flying there, since the gate is in the same sector. Maybe swapped entrance and exit? Probably not introduced with 7.0

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Re: [7.0 Beta 8] Gate to Split territory in Heretic's end sector can't be targetet by autopilot when unrevealed

Post by CBJ » Mon, 10. Jun 24, 15:11

Can you provide a savegame, as requested in the forum rules? Trying to reproduce issues like this can waste a lot of time, as even the slightest thing that is missing from the instructions can result in it being impossible to find.

_SNy
x4

Re: [7.0 Beta 8] Gate to Split territory in Heretic's end sector can't be targetet by autopilot when unrevealed

Post by _SNy » Mon, 10. Jun 24, 15:33

To test: load savegame and try to activate autopilot.

_SNy
x4

Post by _SNy » Tue, 11. Jun 24, 00:50

Update: this seems to be an issue with every unrevealed gate, where you just have the question mark.

MageKingS70
x4

Post by MageKingS70 » Wed, 12. Jun 24, 19:12

As far as I'm aware, autopilot has never been able to fly to unrevealed gates.

Monstrosity
x4

Post by Monstrosity » Sat, 15. Jun 24, 22:19

Agree this is an issue with all unknown objects that are gates/accelerators/etc. Works on other Unknown Objects. Autopilot is able to be selected and shows path, but autopilot exits out as soon as its started,

Save for the accelerator to Jupiter from Asteroid Belt: https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/efvkqmqs ... 62hys&dl=0

Cyron43
x4

Post by Cyron43 » Sun, 16. Jun 24, 23:52

To my understanding this is not a bug but just logical. The autopilot doesn't know to which other jump gate an unrevealed one is connected. So the flight path cannot be calculated and hence the autopilot aborts or doesn't even activate.

Monstrosity
x4

Post by Monstrosity » Sun, 16. Jun 24, 23:57

Cyron43 wrote:
Sun, 16. Jun 24, 23:52
To my understanding this is not a bug but just logical. The autopilot doesn't know to which other jump gate an unrevealed one is connected. So the flight path cannot be calculated and hence the autopilot aborts or doesn't even activate.
I disagree, logically it should be able to fly to the object at a minimum. I'm not expecting it to fly through it, just to it.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Public Beta Feedback”