[7.0 b8] Fighters set on intercept not automatically attacking enemy laser towers within range

This forum provides information on obtaining access to Public Beta versions of X4: Foundations allowing people running those versions to provide feedback on their experiences.

Moderator: DevNet Public Moderators

Falcrack
x4

[7.0 b8] Fighters set on intercept not automatically attacking enemy laser towers within range

Post by Falcrack » Sun, 9. Jun 24, 17:05

See the following save, which is only modified because it was a custom creative start (no other mods installed previously)

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1dGLyHJ ... sp=sharing

There is a laser tower within range of Fleet 1. None of the Takobas set on Intercept are automatically engaging it, despite it damaging them continuously. They will only attack it if I explicitly give them orders to attack it. I would like it if they automatically destroyed the laser tower, especially considering the high rate of laser tower drops from enemy ships.

Falcrack
x4

Re: [7.0 b8] Fighters set on intercept not automatically attacking enemy laser towers within range

Post by Falcrack » Sun, 9. Jun 24, 17:17

I also want to mention, my turrets don't seem to be automatically firing on the laser towers either.

Falcrack
x4

Re: [7.0 b8] Fighters set on intercept not automatically attacking enemy laser towers within range

Post by Falcrack » Wed, 12. Jun 24, 13:51

I noticed also that if my fighters are set on "Defense" that they have a better chance of engaging hostile laser towers than if they are set on "Intercept". On intercept though, they ignore them outright, even when no other hostiles are present and they are being actively fired upon.

Falcrack
x4

Post by Falcrack » Thu, 13. Jun 24, 18:19

I will delete the associated save game within 1 week.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Public Beta Feedback”