[7B8] Ocean of Fantasy Terraforming - Oddities

This forum provides information on obtaining access to Public Beta versions of X4: Foundations allowing people running those versions to provide feedback on their experiences.

Moderator: DevNet Public Moderators

alt3rn1ty
x4

[7B8] Ocean of Fantasy Terraforming - Oddities

Post by alt3rn1ty » Sun, 9. Jun 24, 11:34

Not sure if this is a bug or all of it is WAI ..

Issue : A couple of oddities after completing Terraforming of Samsara in Ocean of Fantasy.

Screenshot : https://i.imgur.com/ejc4GNE.png

Save game : https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/k7drg178 ... o000t&dl=0

On the screenshot you can see :

1. Salinity is "Brackish" - And there has never been any offer of further increasing the salinity (The Start button was removed after the first run of the project).
2. Major Volcano Extinction - Never had any offer (no Start button) to do anything about this.
3. Outer Crust Solidifies - Never had any offer (no Start button) to do anything about this.

The very first Project I ran to completion was the "Tectonic Scaffolding", to stop the earthquakes.
Then I commenced with Importing water, and other projects as they opened up with conditions met.

And usually after the whole Terraforming Objectives are at the "Mission Complete" stage, any Events are removed.

So questions :
Are we supposed to be able to increase Salinity a bit further?
Are the Major Volcano Extinction and Outer crust solidifies a permanent condition we can not do anything about?
Is the "Events" column supposed to remain after all Missions completed?, there does not seem to be anything further we can do about them. And in two other Terraforming I have completed the Events column usually vanishes after all missions complete.

The save provided above is at the stage in the screenshot where Objectives are all complete.
Laptop Dell G15 5510 : Win 11 x64
CPU - 10th Gen' Core I7 10870H 2.2-5.0ghz, GPU - NVidia Geforce RTX 3060, VRAM 6gb GDDR5,
RAM - 32gb (2x16gb, Dual Channel mode set in BIOS) DDR4 2933mhz Kingston Fury Impact,
SSD - Kioxia M.2 NVME 512gb (System), + Samsung M.2 NVME 970 Evo Plus 1tb (Games)

:boron: Long live Queen Polypheides and may her tentacles always be supple.
Seeker of Sohnen.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Public Beta Feedback”