(7.0 Beta 8) Unable to mine in Oort with local automine

This forum provides information on obtaining access to Public Beta versions of X4: Foundations allowing people running those versions to provide feedback on their experiences.

Moderator: DevNet Public Moderators

Sericro
x4

(7.0 Beta 8) Unable to mine in Oort with local automine

Post by Sericro » Sun, 9. Jun 24, 01:30

This is a recreate of an issue that I seen playing modded. I did a new budgeted custom start with a Drill Vanguard and a Takoba in the Oort Cloud. The Takoba is set to explore, and the Drill is ordered to do local automine - silicon. After 45 minutes the Drill is still failing to find resources. Switching the drill to local automine ore instead still gives the same problem.

The drill has 2 mining turrets and a MK2 mining laser. The pilot is zero stars, but I've had the same issue with 1 and 2 star pilots, and had issues mining ore. Moving the drill to Gaian Prophecy allows it to local automine successufly

Save is https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/0b6brcuk ... 8mcj1&dl=0.

If it matter's I'm using the Linux client.

YorrickVander
x4

Re: (7.0 Beta 8) Unable to mine in Oort with local automine

Post by YorrickVander » Sun, 9. Jun 24, 10:28

Tested in Oort with 2 Kopis, one Ore, one Silcon, no issues seen, windows client, game started in b8
X Rebirth - A Sirius Cybernetics Corporation Product

Split irritate visiting pilot with strange vocal patterns.

Sericro
x4

Post by Sericro » Sun, 9. Jun 24, 15:47

Thanks. It helps to know it's working in windows. I wouldn't expect it to be system dependent, so I'm going to try deleting everything and starting the install over.

So far I've tried using steam to validate the files. That passed. I removed the .config/EgoSoft directory, and redid the test. Still wasn't working, but the Asteroid Belt was.

j.harshaw
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT

Post by j.harshaw » Mon, 10. Jun 24, 15:39

Thanks for the report and the save.

Nothing to do with having a linux install. You're at -15 relations with the Terran Protectorate which, while not quite bad enough to start shooting, is bad enough for your miners to refuse to mine in their space.
Added a note to add better failure text for this case.

j.harshaw
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT

Post by j.harshaw » Mon, 10. Jun 24, 16:57

Reviewing our logs, your ship should have been willing to mine at Oort Cloud in this situation since it only had one sector to choose from and didn't have a choice. Even found a PIO station to sell to. So allowing them to mine there is a simple bug fix.

Should be in a future update pending an economy test and further rounds of internal testing. Thanks again for bringing this to our attention.

Sericro
x4

Post by Sericro » Tue, 11. Jun 24, 01:31

Thanks for looking into it, as well as the writeup.

I think I can work around it in my main save now.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Public Beta Feedback”