Data Leaks - resolved

This forum provides information on obtaining access to Public Beta versions of X4: Foundations allowing people running those versions to provide feedback on their experiences.

Moderator: DevNet Public Moderators

bhorton22
x4

Data Leaks - resolved

Post by bhorton22 » Fri, 7. Jun 24, 17:14

I seem to be having an issue finding data leaks that are 'communications'. Specifically, the Bosa Ta one for the HQ, the ones that have missions for Black Market or other missions given through the data leaks. The only ones I get are the 'discounts'. I have tried over 40 stations now and no luck (including Argon, Antigone, Terran and Segarian). It could be really bad RNG, but that's pushing it a bit considering how many stations I have scanned. I was actually looking for the HQ mission as I normally run without Kingdom End loaded until I get the HQ and then activate the DLC (as I like the idea of having to work for the HQ). I have not found the mission yet. I even went to the station you start 'Young Gun' on, and that has always had the mission in the past, but no luck.

Is anyone else having the same issue or is it just me? If no one else is having the issue then I will chalk it up to bad RNG, otherwise I will post the information needed to track. I just didn't want to waste the developers time if it is just me.

YorrickVander
x4

Re: Data Leaks

Post by YorrickVander » Fri, 7. Jun 24, 17:38

Just bad rng I think. I've done the same thing, Boron off, for a test start and got the Boso comm signal easily (in Windfall as using a pirate start)
X Rebirth - A Sirius Cybernetics Corporation Product

Split irritate visiting pilot with strange vocal patterns.

bhorton22
x4

Post by bhorton22 » Fri, 7. Jun 24, 20:02

YorrickVander wrote:
Fri, 7. Jun 24, 17:38
Just bad rng I think. I've done the same thing, Boron off, for a test start and got the Boso comm signal easily (in Windfall as using a pirate start)
And that was using the 7.0 beta 7 or higher right?

donzi
x4

Post by donzi » Fri, 7. Jun 24, 22:01

seem unique, in the vanilla base game I think it's practically always been the 1st sparkle leak I scan (even if I have been playing a while and never scanned until exposing a lot of the sectors, etc) that Boso Ta is available on.

I'm a bit fuzzy on the way he enters the game with the Kingdom End (and all other extensions active) active.. All I recall was that was totally different. Think I entered Heretic's End and automatically got a vidcom from him and after that the HQ was there in it's basic usable form.

bhorton22
x4

Post by bhorton22 » Fri, 7. Jun 24, 23:44

donzi wrote:
Fri, 7. Jun 24, 22:01
seem unique, in the vanilla base game I think it's practically always been the 1st sparkle leak I scan (even if I have been playing a while and never scanned until exposing a lot of the sectors, etc) that Boso Ta is available on.

I'm a bit fuzzy on the way he enters the game with the Kingdom End (and all other extensions active) active.. All I recall was that was totally different. Think I entered Heretic's End and automatically got a vidcom from him and after that the HQ was there in it's basic usable form.
That's my point, the first 'sparkle' I see has always been Bosa Ta, but now it's just a discount. I don't think it's bad RNG, I think the data leaks have got borked somehow. If you are testing the beta, could you possibly just start a new 'Young Gun' game and fly out and scan the station you start on? The first sparkle you get should be Bosa (or it always has been for me up until now).

donzi
x4

Post by donzi » Sat, 8. Jun 24, 06:34

bhorton22 wrote:
Fri, 7. Jun 24, 23:44
If you are testing the beta, could you possibly just start a new 'Young Gun' game and fly out and scan the station you start on? The first sparkle you get should be Bosa (or it always has been for me up until now).
Just did a Young Gun and Wayward Scion, worked as it's done before. Beta 7 build 533712 base game w/o any extensions or mods.
Image Image
Image Image

..maybe try the verify installed files if steam? Could some remnant of a mod be influencing things?

I can't recall ever having to hunt for the HQ mission, it seems to follow the player and insist on being first result of any sparkle leak.
..maybe if rejecting it, (too busy or whatnot) reappearance turns it over to RNG?

Not sure I've ever done that, but get the impression it would again be offered (or maybe waiting in the mission list despite being rejected) on the next sparkle leak scan.

YorrickVander
x4

Post by YorrickVander » Sat, 8. Jun 24, 07:19

bhorton22 wrote:
Fri, 7. Jun 24, 20:02
And that was using the 7.0 beta 7 or higher right?
Yeah, B8

YorrickVander
x4

Post by YorrickVander » Sat, 8. Jun 24, 15:24

I tested again today, just in case it was some lucky fluke. Flew to a station and got it straight away.

bhorton22
x4

Post by bhorton22 » Sat, 8. Jun 24, 22:19

YorrickVander wrote:
Sat, 8. Jun 24, 15:24
I tested again today, just in case it was some lucky fluke. Flew to a station and got it straight away.
I guess I am just unlucky :lol:

I was wondering if it was the remnants of a mod left over. I had (have) a mod that helps with scanning for leaks. It doesn't work with 7.0, I removed it and tried a new game. Still had issues, tried removing the 5 other mods I have (not really needed I just like them) and still had issues.

I'm going to try your suggestion and verify the game files. If that doesn't work I'm going uninstall and reinstall. Just didn't want to go through all this hassle if the game was borked on the data leaks.

Mookau
x4

Post by Mookau » Sun, 9. Jun 24, 04:36

bhorton22 wrote:
Sat, 8. Jun 24, 22:19
YorrickVander wrote:
Sat, 8. Jun 24, 15:24
I guess I am just unlucky :lol:

I was wondering if it was the remnants of a mod left over. I had (have) a mod that helps with scanning for leaks. It doesn't work with 7.0, I removed it and tried a new game. Still had issues, tried removing the 5 other mods I have (not really needed I just like them) and still had issues.

I'm going to try your suggestion and verify the game files. If that doesn't work I'm going uninstall and reinstall. Just didn't want to go through all this hassle if the game was borked on the data leaks.
At least 1 mission leak should spawn on every station where possible.
Is it possible you were scanning stations that you had negative relations, or some other reason you were unable to dock on? Mission leaks will fail to generate if the mission they try to generate would be invalid (negative relations being the most common reason).

Check the Scanning - Signal Leak Overview in the guide here for a bit more info.

bhorton22
x4

Post by bhorton22 » Sun, 9. Jun 24, 10:00

Thank you for the help!!

Yes, I was scanning stations where my rep was -15. That was the problem all along!!

bhorton22
x4

Post by bhorton22 » Tue, 11. Jun 24, 04:15

Not sure if I need to say it, or if the admin's of the forum will do it anyway. But, thanks to Mookau and YorrickVendor for resolving my issue, tis topic can be closed, archived or whatever needs to happen with it.

Thanks again Mookau and YorrickVendor.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Public Beta Feedback”