Can't assign diferent mining location unless actually in the new location

This forum provides information on obtaining access to Public Beta versions of X4: Foundations allowing people running those versions to provide feedback on their experiences.

Moderator: DevNet Public Moderators

TCJanszen

Can't assign diferent mining location unless actually in the new location

Post by TCJanszen » Fri, 7. Jun 24, 15:35

Hello,
Having trouble to change the auto-mining location, seems not to matter the size/model of mining ship.
Let's say I have a gas miner set to auto-mine in trinity sanctum as default behavior and then want to change the location to second contact, I select it from the list, but it does not take it, stays on trinity sanctum, I actually have to let the ship fly to second contact, than change the location in default behavior at which point it does take the change.

Yes this is a new thing with Beta 7.

Absolutely love the game btw, developers doing a great job! :-D

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Re: Can't assign diferent mining location unless actually in the new location

Post by CBJ » Fri, 7. Jun 24, 15:41

Please add the information requested in the rules at the top of the forum, including a link to a savegame demonstrating what you're describing. We can't really do much with your report without this information.

donzi
x4

Post by donzi » Sat, 8. Jun 24, 07:26

TCJanszen wrote:
Fri, 7. Jun 24, 15:35
Yes this is a new thing with Beta 7.
My guess is you're seeing these issues:
viewtopic.php?f=192&t=462817
viewtopic.php?f=192&t=462883

..if you center & zoom your map over the destination you're wanting I probably will assign the new sector. (work-around the issue)
Alternately you can pan the map over empty map area (no sectors showing) and zoom in and be able to select from the list also. (avoid the issue)

j.harshaw
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT

Post by j.harshaw » Tue, 11. Jun 24, 15:42

Tried changing the location for the various AutoMine variants and the normal Mine order and didn't encounter an issue. Really do need more details to move any further with this, preferably a save with reliable steps to reproduce the issue.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Public Beta Feedback”