[Beta 7] Aggressive NPC Transports

This forum provides information on obtaining access to Public Beta versions of X4: Foundations allowing people running those versions to provide feedback on their experiences.

Moderator: DevNet Public Moderators

stillsuit
x4

[Beta 7] Aggressive NPC Transports

Post by stillsuit » Fri, 31. May 24, 14:59

Was doing AI only run, started on Beta 6. Was sitting on SETA, watching the map, no mods custom start.

That's when I noticed extra aggressive HOP transport ships (M and L sized), trying to fight Xenons.
Save: https://drive.google.com/file/d/18n_S3A ... sp=sharing
Look at Faulty Logic I. There is Hermes (QRO-235) and Helios E (WQC-579) fighting a Xenon defence platforms (with 'Attack' order). Both transports are not part of any fleet nor station and, I assume, got there by trying to supply HOP station near the gate.
I watched them for a few seconds before making a save. Helios E just attacked station near the gate, while Hermes chased some random xenon fighter first until it was near the other station.

HERMES :lol: trying to fight Xenons! that was an interesting sight. While I can imagine Helios being used as a semi-combat ship, I'm sure Hermes should never consider attacking anything.

stillsuit
x4

Re: [Beta 7] Aggressive NPC Transports

Post by stillsuit » Fri, 31. May 24, 15:04

Follow up of what happened next:
Helios died after a few seconds (SETA) fight with the station. But Hermes surprisingly survived and destroyed the station (among the wolf pack of other HOP ships)
And then started to chase every Xenon fighter across the sector again! That Hermes pilot for sure is something.

stillsuit
x4

Post by stillsuit » Fri, 31. May 24, 15:07

stillsuit wrote:
Fri, 31. May 24, 15:04
Follow up of what happened next:
Helios died after a few seconds (SETA) fight with the station. But Hermes surprisingly survived and destroyed the station (among the wolf pack of other HOP ships)
And then started to chase every Xenon fighter across the sector again! That Hermes pilot for sure is something.
Sorry for spam but i find that hilarious.

Sadly our brave Hermes perished, when they tried to take on another Xenon station a few seconds (SETA) later.

Anyway. I am pretty sure NPC traders should never consider offensive actions, unless it's a Prometheus of course.

stillsuit
x4

Post by stillsuit » Fri, 31. May 24, 15:25

Not sure what makes them do it, but so far I observed only HOP ships acting wierd.

Here is another save: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Rh_Kux ... sp=sharing
In the Holy Vision sector you can find a couple of Hermeses (AQG-909 and UAG-409, both near the north gate) on a Patrol duty. I observed them for a minute or so and they literally just patrolling the gates, attacking every enemy that comes from it. When enemies inevitably escape, they return to the patrol duty.

stillsuit
x4

Post by stillsuit » Fri, 31. May 24, 16:08

stillsuit wrote:
Fri, 31. May 24, 15:25
Not sure what makes them do it, but so far I observed only HOP ships acting wierd.

Here is another save: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Rh_Kux ... sp=sharing
In the Holy Vision sector you can find a couple of Hermeses (AQG-909 and UAG-409, both near the north gate) on a Patrol duty. I observed them for a minute or so and they literally just patrolling the gates, attacking every enemy that comes from it. When enemies inevitably escape, they return to the patrol duty.
In the end found multiple BOR ships on a patrol duty:
  • Sturgeon ESG-358, patrolling Kindgom's End I
  • Sturgeon XLM-704, patrolling Reflected Stars
  • Dolphin NVZ-445, patrolling Reflected Stars
  • This one is special - a miner! unlike other traders: Porpoise (Mineral) CCA-379, patrolling Reflected Stars
  • Dolphin ZPU-274, patrolling Towering Wave
  • Dolphin OYW-231, patrolling Towering Wave
Honestly, Borons look like biggest offenders, I see them in Rolk's Demise and in Menelaus' Oasis too.
Teladi have a transport in Two Grand, (either Tern or Vulture Vanguard), fighting Xenon with attack order. (IUH-303), though I dont see any other civilian TEL patrols.
PAR have a patrolling Chthonios E in Pious Mists II (XTG-212) and multiple M traders.

I dont see split, any humans or XEN doing civilian patrols, all their civilian ships looks correctly employed.

stillsuit
x4

Post by stillsuit » Tue, 11. Jun 24, 13:08

It feels like in a fresh [Beta 8] save situation is a bit better as most transports are either going for autotrade/refill orders or just waiting in place.

Borons are a notable exception, most likely because they barely losing any ships and have too many traders, clogging the order chain.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Public Beta Feedback”