[FEEDBACK] Existential Crisis

This forum provides information on obtaining access to Public Beta versions of X4: Foundations allowing people running those versions to provide feedback on their experiences.

Moderator: DevNet Public Moderators

Falcrack
x4

Re: [FEEDBACK] Existential Crisis

Post by Falcrack » Thu, 30. May 24, 01:06

At least on the Xenon side for the Crisis, my preference would be to simply turn the Xenon up to 11 using existing gameplay mechanics. What I mean by this is, increase the overall Xenon unit cap (maybe double it), decrease build costs and build times for Xenon ships and stations (maybe half the current value), and let the Xenon go about their usual rampage against all the factions. Have the CPU ship located deep within Xenon territory, protected by a large fleet. If CPU ship is destroyed, then Xenon production rates and unit cap goes back to normal.

For the Kha'ak, there could be a Kha'ak system, maybe only accessible after doing some research, where their ships spawn from at a set rate, and from there jump to harass both player and NPC factions alike. Access the ability to get to this system and then destroy the stations there, and the large scale Ravager attacks would cease. This system could be very rich in nividium, so destroying them would give the added bonus of lots of nividium to mine and sell.

palm911
x4

Post by palm911 » Wed, 5. Jun 24, 23:57

feedback.

existential crisis is by far the worst thing ever done by egosoft,.

it is boring,
repetitive,
it does not seem to end, (done over 25 defense missions already)
boso repeats the same lines over and over again.
no track of how much are you advancing in the mission chain.
sometimes i get a mission failed, without undersatnding what i did wrong. ? why did the mission failed?
please REMOVE This from the 7.0 launch it is imcomplete. and cant say it is decently in working order.

i really cant understand how you guys pulled this mediocre missions. (some missions were better than others) this one is a total mess. and lacks structure. fun factor goes away after the 4th battle.
just want this nightmare to end , so i can move on, knowing its done.

thank you.
X gamer , one at a time.

merc715

Post by merc715 » Thu, 6. Jun 24, 04:09

Not sure if its a bug or if I'm doing something wrong. I did the research to kick off the crises. Found the Xenon fleet in Loomanckstrats Legacy, they jumped away....and now its been several hours in game and nothing has happened. No notifications no missions, nothing. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

palm911
x4

Post by palm911 » Thu, 6. Jun 24, 04:47

i dont know if i should send a screnshot and if this is normal behaviour of the crisis... if not normal please let me know and i will upload a save game.
i got 2 crisis running .... plus the crisis mission.... unmodified game, (100% vanilla)

thanks

X gamer , one at a time.

palm911
x4

Post by palm911 » Fri, 7. Jun 24, 01:02

i am just going nuts, HOW CAN I STOP THIS BS MISSION....

i went to talk to Boso, to see if i can abort it, or stop it somehow, all i get is hello from Boso and the same type of response from DAL.

PLEASE! HELP!
X gamer , one at a time.

adeine
x4

Post by adeine » Fri, 7. Jun 24, 03:38

palm911 wrote:
Fri, 7. Jun 24, 01:02
i am just going nuts, HOW CAN I STOP THIS BS MISSION....

i went to talk to Boso, to see if i can abort it, or stop it somehow, all i get is hello from Boso and the same type of response from DAL.

PLEASE! HELP!
It will randomly end when the game decides it's had enough. I don't think(?) anything you do influences how long that is, other than perhaps 'succeeding' in the defence missions (find and kill some capital ships within the hidden time limit). The missions do sometimes overlap.

You can sort of check your progress by grepping your save file for 'crisis', but I don't know exactly what the variables represent.

palm911
x4

Post by palm911 » Fri, 7. Jun 24, 17:14

it finnally over!

last mission had about 12 or so ravagers, and hundreds of fighters, mission overlapped.

there should be a way to progress, not knowing how far you are into a repetitive task. is just bad design , sorry for saying it, i love egosoft, but in all my years around in the forums this is the very first time i have found something that is truly frustrating , boring , and no reward at all,

the CPU ship does come with 40 or so F fighters, that can be capped, easily as they focused on my asgard, (they simply did not care about the fighter i was using against them) so large capping opportunity, in a empty sector.

i am not sure if i will ever trigger that quest again. (probably not) there is NO INCENTIVE to do it again, no special reward, Nothing.
X gamer , one at a time.

Franken
x4

Post by Franken » Fri, 7. Jun 24, 21:35

Yes, ist boring and halfbaked.
The Idea is very good. But there can be more done. A Questline, some motivating reward or anything like a surprise or something challanging.
So it seams to be only a simple scipted event with no sence. If the crisis is more than some simple codelines that spawn Enemys, maybe a complex mechanism that calculates the Waves of the Crisis, than it was a waste if time for the programmers. The result is nothing.
[] i:.. :goner: ..:i []

scryp
x4

Post by scryp » Fri, 7. Jun 24, 23:10

I would alter the Crysis this Way

Let the Xenon / Khaak Crisis Fleets spawn in one of thier Sectors, or for the Khaak in a Sector with an active Hive.
So the Fleets dont spawn randomly and without any sense in random sectors.

Guess that is one of the easiest ways to make the endcrisis better

And i would say make them opt via options (New Game / Ask after load an old save for one time) if they want Crisis or not
To "Buy" the Crisis via Boso seems stupid and imersion break, i think its better to do the opt-out way, because its more logical

And, if possible, i prefer to do 2 seperate crisis, one for Xenon and one for Khaak, maybe picked randomly or triggert with different conditions

Off Topic: i am blind or is there no "edit button" anymore?! :?

chew-ie
x4

Post by chew-ie » Fri, 7. Jun 24, 23:37

scryp wrote:
Fri, 7. Jun 24, 23:10
Off Topic: i am blind or is there no "edit button" anymore?! :?
This is described in the beta board information threads. Edit is deactivated here.

Spoiler
Show
BurnIt: Boron and leaks don't go well together...
Königinnenreich von Boron: Sprich mit deinem Flossenführer
Nila Ti: Folgt mir, ihr Kavalkade von neugierigen Kreaturen!
Tammancktall: Es ist eine Ehre für sie mich kennenzulernen...
Henateklis Tismulinis Tansadras VIII: Eiersssalat Eiersssalat Eiersssalat!

:idea: Pick your poison seed [for custom gamestarts]
:idea: Feature request: paint jobs on custom starts

MakerLinux
x4

Post by MakerLinux » Mon, 10. Jun 24, 09:23

I paid the 500 million to Boso thinking it would spawn more interesting missions, not magically make the crisis disappear. On the beta 8 release notes it's said that it can be re-triggered long after it has ended, so how long is this cooldown? Because I tried all manners to re-trigger it, from talking to Boso (no option for it anymore) to checking the research options (all completed).

Also, I find very odd that everyone finds the Ravage difficult to kill. I do not consider myself a skilled player on the fights, but I took out the fighters first and then I went behind the Ravager in its blind spot and just let my ship be carried by its drag while I slowly fired at it. Eventually, it exploded. I suffered no losses.

I understand it might get very difficult if there are many ravagers at once. Btw, I scanned it and there was one pilot. Would it be possible to board the ship? Please?

I liked the existential crisis but I think it should be more fleshed out with the Xenon not appearing out of nowhere but being fabricated and invading through new gates. Saw many in this thread wanting the same. Is it too difficult to change now?
Brazilian Linux-only user living in Poland, https://steamcommunity.com/id/patolinux on Steam. PC I use for playing: Ryzen 7 7800X3D with 64 GB 6GHz DDR5 CL30, AMD Radeon RX 7900 XTX, ArchLinux on KDE 6 Wayland
Controllers: steam controller via sc-controller or HOTAS set: Saitek X52 Pro + MFD F-16 + G29 pedals.
VR headset: Valve Index & Meta Quest 2. My other PC: Steam Deck OLED with nReal AIR AR headset

chew-ie
x4

Post by chew-ie » Mon, 10. Jun 24, 10:18

MakerLinux wrote:
Mon, 10. Jun 24, 09:23
Also, I find very odd that everyone finds the Ravage difficult to kill. I do not consider myself a skilled player on the fights, but I took out the fighters first and then I went behind the Ravager in its blind spot and just let my ship be carried by its drag while I slowly fired at it. Eventually, it exploded. I suffered no losses.

I understand it might get very difficult if there are many ravagers at once. Btw, I scanned it and there was one pilot. Would it be possible to board the ship? Please?
My story: I had an elite squad of 5 Behemoths (terran shielding) and faced two Ravagers wrecking a Split wharf. I almost killed one of those two. Then they aligned their main weapon towards two Behemoths and just deleted them with their Asgard-Laser. As soon as the explosions where done 5 new Ravagers spawned on top of the station.

Spoiler
Show
BurnIt: Boron and leaks don't go well together...
Königinnenreich von Boron: Sprich mit deinem Flossenführer
Nila Ti: Folgt mir, ihr Kavalkade von neugierigen Kreaturen!
Tammancktall: Es ist eine Ehre für sie mich kennenzulernen...
Henateklis Tismulinis Tansadras VIII: Eiersssalat Eiersssalat Eiersssalat!

:idea: Pick your poison seed [for custom gamestarts]
:idea: Feature request: paint jobs on custom starts

fergrim420
x3

Devs there is exactly one change you need to make to this crisis to bring it up to par with the standard you've set

Post by fergrim420 » Mon, 10. Jun 24, 20:40

and the standard we expect, as a result.

The Crisis fleet MUST come from SOMEWHERE.

It MUST not come from nowhere. We've all played videogames for too long to not be totally transported out of suspension of disbelief when you just spawn in a fleet.

We stop seeing an enemy and we start seeing "spawn Crisis_fleet player_vicinity_4"

Even if it comes from somewhere that just so happens to have some amazing ancient portal tech that the they use to link directly up to our stations home sector. Just make it come from somewhere please.

X games should not include ANY races that don't depend on an economy and resources to craft a fleet. Simplifying their economy compared to players is fine, but an economy, please. After our first run in with this crisis, we should be able to load a way earlier save and see what we can do to economically cripple them. that's what X players consider to be fun, not just "spawn combat_attack_gogo 1"

Please, this one change would be so meaningful to all of us.

Trueam
x4

Post by Trueam » Mon, 24. Jun 24, 23:00

1) Crisis is too weak for end game players, and practically not do enough damage .
2) as I mentioned it need to be some more mechanics and type of crises , it must be repeatable and with difficulty increase modifier (add mod enhanced parts to ships), for player that's have enormous number of ships every 10 billion by factor x2 , etc.
3)L LX ships need more protections, too easy to destroy or more shields hull and armors by factor 4 specially for crisis, so they become hard to destroy, ravager needs to flight in formation by 5 at least.
4) In current state it is normal and require from player to guard main assets, have been some fun to finish it.

So the main [FEEDBACK] is that crisis need more work to be harder for those who has accumulated 5000 + ships 80+ billion and les difficulty for those who has les war power. it be better as separate
small DLC with different type X universe events, that better to be added to Timelines and open universe.
:xbtf: :xt: :x2: :x3: :x4: :arrow:

Return to “X4: Foundations - Public Beta Feedback”