[FEEDBACK] Input Profiles

This forum provides information on obtaining access to Public Beta versions of X4: Foundations allowing people running those versions to provide feedback on their experiences.

Moderator: DevNet Public Moderators

LetMeIn11
x4

[7.0 b2] Some Ctrl+<key> combinations are not mappable

Post by LetMeIn11 » Fri, 19. Apr 24, 17:11

I cannot bind `Ctrl+x` `Ctrl+c` and `Ctrl+v` keys for some reason. When pressing these combinations the key binder menu just closes without saving the entered combo. Other `Ctrl+<letter>` combinations seem to work correctly.

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Re: [FEEDBACK] Input Profiles

Post by CBJ » Fri, 19. Apr 24, 17:51

Those key combinations are used for copy and pasting text. They shouldn't be remappable in menus because that would break that functionality. However they should be remappable for other contexts, and they shouldn't just "disappear" when they can't be mapped, so that part is not working as it should.

LetMeIn11
x4

Post by LetMeIn11 » Fri, 19. Apr 24, 22:54

Cool, didn't know that we can copy-paste in menus. I was trying to bind all these combinations to "Next ammunition" though.

arquebusx

Post by arquebusx » Sat, 20. Apr 24, 04:15

Buzz2005 wrote:
Wed, 17. Apr 24, 15:51
I have the same issue with THRUSTMASTER T16000M, in gamepad mode my character moves or the map moves without me pressing anything, tried all the calibration and putting higher deadzone its the same, I played with gamepad off since that works fine, didnt try it now in 7.0 though and seeing this report dont see a reason to, radial menu cant be properly implemented???
Gamepad mode causes drift if you touch the mouse. That's a bug that's been around since 1.0, I think.

LetMeIn11
x4

Post by LetMeIn11 » Mon, 22. Apr 24, 14:51

I saw this complain before but still want to emphasize that you cannot select radial menu items in the mouse steering mode and this is very disappointing. I binded "deploy mine" and "deploy laser tower" to the menu just to realize that I cannot deploy anything while being in combat unless I switch off the mouse steering mode which resulted in my ship blowing up.

Buzz2005
x4

Post by Buzz2005 » Mon, 22. Apr 24, 17:19

arquebusx wrote:
Fri, 19. Apr 24, 05:46
Buzz2005 wrote:
Wed, 17. Apr 24, 15:51
I have the same issue with THRUSTMASTER T16000M, in gamepad mode my character moves or the map moves without me pressing anything, tried all the calibration and putting higher deadzone its the same, I played with gamepad off since that works fine, didnt try it now in 7.0 though and seeing this report dont see a reason to, radial menu cant be properly implemented???

but anyway with controller radial menu works perfectly so im happy
How do you use the radial with a controller? I can get it to pop up, but the only way I can select anything is by using the mouse. What do I need to set in the bindings/settings to be able to use one of my analog sticks on my Xbox controller?
this is my inputmap.xml, I didn't change anything for radial only to turn it on with pressing right mushroom, as you hold it with the left shroom you choose what option you want then release right shroom
I use xbox one controller
Attachments
inputmap_2.xml
(56.75 KiB) Downloaded 8 times
Fixed ships getting spawned away from ship configuration menu at resupply ships from automatically getting deployables.

OneFlame
x4

Post by OneFlame » Tue, 23. Apr 24, 02:15

Left-Handed Numpad Keybindings Broken
Post by OneFlame » Mon, 22. Apr 24, 16:33

As a left-handed person of awesomeness, I often use the mouse in my left hand and the numpad with my right hand.

As such, there is not a lot of keyboard "real-estate" and I have to use keyboard modifiers—a lot.

However, it is not currently possible to bind: Shift+, Ctrl+, Alt+, Shift+Ctrl+, Ctrl+Alt+ : Numpad 0, etc. (Numpad 0 doesn't bind at all.)

Issue Summary:
  • Unable to use ALL modifier combinations, (shift+alt+, etc.): Logitech G300s Mouse, (Best Left-Handed Gaming Mouse EVUR). Shift, Ctrl, Alt, and Shift+Ctrl (or ~), have all been bound to the top gaming buttons.
  • Unable to numpad keys effectively: Corsair Keyboard and ICue for Remapping
  • Unable to set HUD elements to Move and Fade to minimize burn-in: 21:9 OLED Monitor
Corsair Keyboard Remap, (to test alternative bindings):
  • Numpad 0-9: remapped to 0-9.
  • Numpad Enter: F (Default interact key in lots of games)
  • Numpad +: T (Default targeting key in lots of games)
  • Numpad -: -
  • Numpad *: R or sometimes ~
  • Numpad /: /
  • Numpad . : .
  • Numlock: Tab
Usual Remapping (Star Citizen, Microsoft Flight Simulator, Elite Dangerous, etc.):
  • Shift: Boost/Sprint, Dodge Roll (Dark Souls!).
  • Numpad 3: Boost. (usually Cruise Control, SCM speed, Match Target Speed, etc.)
  • Mouse X/Y : Yaw/Pitch
  • Numpad 4/6 : Roll
  • Numpad 8/2: Strafe Forward/Back (Accelerate, Reverse)
  • Shift+Numpad 8/2: Full Speed forward/reverse.
  • Numpad 7/9 : Strafe Left/Right
  • Numpad 0/1: Strafe Up/Down
  • Numpad Enter: F (for Interaction)
  • Left/Right Arrow: Previous/Next Target
  • Shift+Left/Right Arrow: Previous/Next Subgroup
  • Ctrl+Shift, (or Shift+Alt, etc.) Left/Right Up/Down Arrows: Friendly Targets, Target Objects, Target Cycling in general.
  • Up/Down Arrow: Previous Next Weapon Group
  • Tab/Numlock: Radar Mode, or scan mode.
  • Numpad /, *: Reload, Cycle Ammunition, etc.
  • Numpad +/-: Closest Target, Travel Mode, etc.
  • Insert, Home, PGU, Del, End, PGD: Various Ship Modes (Long range scanning, etc).
As a side note: As a graphic artist, (Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, Blender), Action RPG player (Lords of the Fallen, recovering Souls addict, Nioh, Wo Long, etc.), Space Ship pirate, (Elite Dangerous, Star Citizen, Microsoft Flight Simulator, etc.), I find these general mappings to be universally consistent in all games. This mouse is especially helpful in art when I am not using my pen tablet.

PS5 Dual Shock 6 Axis Support: Always please?

Malamen
x4

Post by Malamen » Fri, 26. Apr 24, 22:26

Not sure if this is the correct place to report this but where it goes:

I'm using an XBOX 360 controller and when I'm in full throttle and press any button, even the D-pad, the ship comes to a full stop and I have to release and press the throttle again.

This is very annoying specially in dog fights because when I try to switct targets the ship stops.

sabbede
x4

Post by sabbede » Tue, 30. Apr 24, 00:18

Would it be possible to split the dock and jump to cockpit commands? I like it for docking, but keep accidentally teleporting back to my ship.
Asus TUF x570 PRO Wi-Fi
AMD Ryzen 9 5900x
32gig Patriot Viper PC4-35200
RTX 3070Ti
EVGA 850 GS PSU
Windows 10 x64
and a joystick.

sicnarfghost

Post by sicnarfghost » Wed, 1. May 24, 00:30

Some suggestions for XBOX controllers bindings :

I would suggest to allow multiple wheels on the same "Y" button. Press once to show the menu. Press one to hide. While in this mode, allow multiples wheel to be navigated. Perhaps with sholder buttons. Something in the like of Baldurs Gates 3. Perhaps a special wheel for fast interactions while holding in the vein of shooters for quick action.

I would add the option to always pause the game while pressiong "start".

I would like the option to always show the load a specific save form the pause menu, not using always the designated shortcut. Even on the start menu while I boot the game. Don't know why it'snt there by default.

I would suggest to allows binding of multiple keys in one button press, the wheel help me doing so, but only 8 choices. Like for instant travel mode. Perhaps adding a modifier like the "y" to bind with the arrows keys on the joystick to do specific tasks.

Perhaps having the option to select the keys from a list and not making the input from the controller itself.

Thanks for the controller support, I like being sit on from of my tv after a days at works on my computer

sicnarfghost

Post by sicnarfghost » Wed, 1. May 24, 00:33

I also forget to mention, a camera mode to see around my ship without using the mouse, the games is so gorgeous, why I can't control the outside view with the controller is strange and could be awesome on a big screen ;)

Return to “X4: Foundations - Public Beta Feedback”