Ships are ignoring fire authorisation overrides - 6.20 Beta 8 - Explained but may be improved.

This forum provides information on obtaining access to Public Beta versions of X4: Foundations allowing people running those versions to provide feedback on their experiences.

Moderator: DevNet Public Moderators

atsmith66
x4

Ships are ignoring fire authorisation overrides - 6.20 Beta 8 - Explained but may be improved.

Post by atsmith66 » Wed, 23. Aug 23, 00:05

I am at war with the Antigone Republic.

I have set the default fire authorisation override to target only military ships. My own fleet keep attacking all the ANT civilian ships with ruthless abandon.
I have tried the different overrides and it doesn't make any difference. My fighters keep killing every civilian ship they find.

Here's a save-game to demonstrate the problem: https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/p9hvesp1 ... 5zuqy&dl=0

Load it up, go to the Antigone Memorial, and watch the player fleet commit war crimes.

j.harshaw
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT

Re: Ships are ignoring fire authorisation overrides - 6.20 Beta 8

Post by j.harshaw » Wed, 23. Aug 23, 11:06

Fire Authorization with the Antigone Republic is set to restrained which allows attack on all objects with relation at -25 or below. Since your faction relations with them is at -30, that allows fire on all objects that they own including civilian craft.

I do see that restrained being closer to the bottom of the list seems to suggest that it's more restrictive than honorable or chivalrous, and it normally is unless faction relations are already below that threshold. I've notified the people concerned.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Public Beta Feedback”