[6.20 beta 8] "Mirage" mod don't prevent police from finding illegals completely.

This forum provides information on obtaining access to Public Beta versions of X4: Foundations allowing people running those versions to provide feedback on their experiences.

Moderator: DevNet Public Moderators

PV_
x4

[6.20 beta 8] "Mirage" mod don't prevent police from finding illegals completely.

Post by PV_ » Sun, 20. Aug 23, 18:29

6.20 beta 8. No mods.

As title says police still sometimes finds illegal pilot inventory on a ship with "Mirage" mod installed. But the occurrence of this has low chance. I've personally seen police scanned my drops collector and found nothing. But then I'm keep receiving messages of lost reputation. And further investigation leads to that drops collector chased by police and log clearly shows illegal cargo discovered. And it happens every once in a while.
I don't have save file before the incident and have no idea how it possible to catch it with so rare chance of happening. But I'm pretty sure the bug is similar to this one. And hope that developers on the way to fix linked issue also will investigate "Mirage" mod vs Police issue too.

j.harshaw
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT

Re: [6.20 beta 8] "Mirage" mod don't prevent police from finding illegals completely.

Post by j.harshaw » Sun, 20. Aug 23, 18:43

intended

PV_
x4

Re: [6.20 beta 8] "Mirage" mod don't prevent police from finding illegals completely.

Post by PV_ » Sun, 20. Aug 23, 18:53

j.harshaw wrote:
Sun, 20. Aug 23, 18:43
intended
Just in case we misunderstood each other: even if ship equipped with "Mirage" mod which provides "Cargo concealment - 100%" there is still a chance police will find illegal cargo/inventory anyway and that is intended behavior?

Irushian
x4

Post by Irushian » Sun, 20. Aug 23, 19:45

PV_ wrote:
Sun, 20. Aug 23, 18:53
j.harshaw wrote:
Sun, 20. Aug 23, 18:43
intended
Just in case we misunderstood each other: even if ship equipped with "Mirage" mod which provides "Cargo concealment - 100%" there is still a chance police will find illegal cargo/inventory anyway and that is intended behavior?
If this is the case then that needs to be changed to "Cargo concealment - 99%" or something, not 100%.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Sun, 20. Aug 23, 22:44

Discussed before in release version here. The Mirage mod is stated as cargo concealment and inventory is not cargo.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Public Beta Feedback”