[6.20 beta 8] AI struggle to attack bugged Xenon plot - Explained but probably unintended.

This forum provides information on obtaining access to Public Beta versions of X4: Foundations allowing people running those versions to provide feedback on their experiences.

Moderator: DevNet Public Moderators

PV_
x4

[6.20 beta 8] AI struggle to attack bugged Xenon plot - Explained but probably unintended.

Post by PV_ » Thu, 17. Aug 23, 00:25

6.20 beta 8, no mods.

OLD BUG. AI incapable of attacking Xenon plot. Literally. Any attempts/orders to attack immediately getting canceled. Patrol, protect position, nothing works. IS carrier constantly launching fighters but they lose order and follow back. NPCs behave same and merely ignore the plot.
System: Zyrath's Dominion I.
Raptor on "Protect position" right around the plot.
Save file.

Currently there is well know bug about capital ships do not engage travel drive when "attack" order is set. But the issue described above is a completely different matter.
There are few more issues you may investigate via same save file. I'll link them in a reply below.

PV_
x4

Re: [6.20 beta 8] AI struggle to attack bugged Xenon plot.

Post by PV_ » Thu, 17. Aug 23, 01:14

PV_
x4

Re: [6.20 beta 8] AI struggle to attack bugged Xenon plot.

Post by PV_ » Fri, 18. Aug 23, 18:00

Okay, I found what is the source of the problem. It is "Fire authorisation override" set to "chivalrous". Game consider any Xenon plot with germ module as a civilian object even if its clearly labeled as Wharf or Defense platform. And the worst of all manual orders do not have priority over that override...

Return to “X4: Foundations - Public Beta Feedback”