[#2143][6.20 b7] indestructible velvet thunder (not abandoned one)

This forum provides information on obtaining access to Public Beta versions of X4: Foundations allowing people running those versions to provide feedback on their experiences.

Moderator: DevNet Public Moderators

rudi_pioneer
x4

[#2143][6.20 b7] indestructible velvet thunder (not abandoned one)

Post by rudi_pioneer » Mon, 14. Aug 23, 04:35

Started this game with one of earlier 6.20 betas, and just noticed in getsu fune there's Velvet Thunder that belongs to TER, and is indestructible at 10% hull. This is different one that spawns as abandoned.

Set as guidance point in save:

https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/q02sebun ... 0h2aq&dl=0

Gimbutz
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Re: [6.20 b7] indestructible velvet thunder (not abandoned one)

Post by Gimbutz » Mon, 14. Aug 23, 17:06

Thank you for the report! We haven't seen something like this happen in this story in the 2,5 years since it released. Do you remember doing something unusual between meeting Haile Shinamon for the first time, and him going missing in his Gladius in Savage Spur at the end of the Defenders of Sol plot? Perhaps something to do with leaving and re-entering the Terran sectors repeatedly during the mission? I'm grasping at straws.

rudi_pioneer
x4

Re: [6.20 b7] indestructible velvet thunder (not abandoned one)

Post by rudi_pioneer » Mon, 14. Aug 23, 17:15

Take this with grain of salt, but if I remember correctly, there were some oddities related to teleporting (primarily haile following my previous ship). I’ve also left the sector early on but that’s before solborn quest progressed.

My start is Terran cadet, and early on I left for Antigone space, before solborn quest. So that might be another possibility?

rboerdijk
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Re: [#2143][6.20 b7] indestructible velvet thunder (not abandoned one)

Post by rboerdijk » Tue, 23. Apr 24, 16:11

Thank you for the report, and sorry it took so long before we were able to investigate.

I looked into this issue, and it's a bit difficult to retroactively see from the savegame state what happened, for that ship to remain.
Do you recall if you coincidentally talked to your wingmate (and select "follow") in the moments before he died?

Otherwise we'll have to wait for more reports, or maybe even someone figuring out a repro case.

rudi_pioneer
x4

Re: [#2143][6.20 b7] indestructible velvet thunder (not abandoned one)

Post by rudi_pioneer » Tue, 23. Apr 24, 16:40

I don’t remember doing follow command, but I definitely remember teleporting in and out of savage spur during the quest.

Thank you for looking into it!

Return to “X4: Foundations - Public Beta Feedback”