V6.20 BETA 7 BUG: Boron Wharf in Kingdom End I

This forum provides information on obtaining access to Public Beta versions of X4: Foundations allowing people running those versions to provide feedback on their experiences.

Moderator: DevNet Public Moderators

dtpsprt
x4

V6.20 BETA 7 BUG: Boron Wharf in Kingdom End I

Post by dtpsprt » Fri, 11. Aug 23, 07:35

I suppose the same goes for the Born Wharf in Great Reef, haven't checked it though.

The Boron Wharf in Kingdom End has 1 ship dealership and four (4) Trader Corners!!!! In any of them there is no Trader, ship or plain one. Here is the save

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1b43RZ6 ... sp=sharing

Xenon_Slayer
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Re: V6.20 BETA 7 BUG: Boron Wharf in Kingdom End I

Post by Xenon_Slayer » Fri, 11. Aug 23, 11:52

Xenon_Slayer tries to think how to spin this issue

This is currently expected. The Boron docks are rather large and complicated...and beautiful :boron:. On some machines, it may take quite some time for the NPCs to appear. The wharf is particularly troublesome as the dockareas are far from each other, so when you use the transporter to move to the other dock, it only then starts to do the work that results in the NPCs appearing. On loading your save, Boron did eventually appear at all expected locations.

We are of course always looking to further improve these situations. As for the number of trader corners, that's the result of limiting the number of shiptrader corners to 1 in this beta. We may tweak the numbers further but 4 on two huge dockareas doesn't sound too crazy.
Come watch me on Twitch where I occasionally play several of the X games

dtpsprt
x4

Post by dtpsprt » Fri, 11. Aug 23, 14:05

Xenon_Slayer wrote:
Fri, 11. Aug 23, 11:52
Xenon_Slayer tries to think how to spin this issue

This is currently expected. The Boron docks are rather large and complicated...and beautiful :boron:. On some machines, it may take quite some time for the NPCs to appear. The wharf is particularly troublesome as the dockareas are far from each other, so when you use the transporter to move to the other dock, it only then starts to do the work that results in the NPCs appearing. On loading your save, Boron did eventually appear at all expected locations.

We are of course always looking to further improve these situations. As for the number of trader corners, that's the result of limiting the number of shiptrader corners to 1 in this beta. We may tweak the numbers further but 4 on two huge dockareas doesn't sound too crazy.
Even though I do not doubt your reasoning, the fact that I exited the game and reloaded it and still there was no trader means that, at least this reload should be a priority. My machine is not that outdated. When I experience this issue in other stations, either a trip from the desk to the "observation area" of the trader's corner or in worst case a reload will fix this almost immediately. Surely making the trip from the elevator to the crafting machine in a Ship Trader performing a mod and then to the desk should cover enough time...

alt3rn1ty
x4

Post by alt3rn1ty » Fri, 11. Aug 23, 14:38

I have seen a few times the Traders corners in the Wharf and Shipyard at Kingdom end, where a Trader has not turned up. I just put it down to ship production and crews needed depleting the stations workforce (but then I do recall there was a fix for traders not turning up in the patch notes), and then I went away (maybe too quickly for them to arrive). On other times they have showed up if I hung around for a while.

On my PHQ which is currently quite small, having Boron production modules / Boron Living quarters added, the Traders are missing when I enter but do show up after 5-10 seconds, which is quicker than the Shipyard and Wharf in Kingdom end. So the complexity of the station in my experience does influence their arrival speed.

But I must admit, the delay before they arrive seems to be more pronounced in recent betas.
I have no empirical eveidence, it just struck me as unusual compaired with past experience.

Suggestion : We need a bell on the counter to impatiently ding while we wait for them showing up :D
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NGWYFDRgZM8&t=7s
Laptop Dell G15 5510 : Win 11 x64
CPU - 10th Gen' Core I7 10870H 2.2-5.0ghz, GPU - NVidia Geforce RTX 3060, VRAM 6gb GDDR5,
RAM - 32gb (2x16gb, Dual Channel mode set in BIOS) DDR4 2933mhz Kingston Fury Impact,
SSD - Kioxia M.2 NVME 512gb (System), + Samsung M.2 NVME 970 Evo Plus 1tb (Games)

:boron: Long live Queen Polypheides and may her tentacles always be supple.
Seeker of Sohnen.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Public Beta Feedback”