[6.20 beta 7] Boron Ray Ion Projector

This forum provides information on obtaining access to Public Beta versions of X4: Foundations allowing people running those versions to provide feedback on their experiences.

Moderator: DevNet Public Moderators

nemo1887
x4

[6.20 beta 7] Boron Ray Ion Projector

Post by nemo1887 » Thu, 10. Aug 23, 16:46

[Beta 7] Changed Boron Ray Ion Projector to prevent shots from charging up while still cooling down from previous one.

I went to see if it had changed but no,
Boron ray beam still not working for me, 20-30 seconds before firing?

alt3rn1ty
x4

Re: [6.20 beta 7]

Post by alt3rn1ty » Thu, 10. Aug 23, 21:36

nemo could you supply as much information as possible to help the devs - See this topic

Save game at least with you in the pilot seat of a Ray so the devs can load it up and try to reproduce the problem.

Personal experience :
Spoiler
Show
I just tried one of my Rays, one without any in game modifications like Piercer etcetera on the main weapon.
Rays are new to my experience, but the charge up time with Beta 7 installed was 5 seconds before it fires.

Once overheated, the weapon takes about the same time to cool down 5 seconds, so the time in between actually firing was 10 seconds .. 5 seconds then fire, cool down 5 seconds, charge up time 5 seconds and then fires again.

The bug fix you quoted I think is working as expected now (I didn't try a Ray in battle before the fix), and I think what they fixed is that you can no longer fire the weapon during the cooldown period, which to me seems to be working as intended.

I haven't experienced anything as bad as 20-30 seconds delay.
Laptop Dell G15 5510 : Win 11 x64
CPU - 10th Gen' Core I7 10870H 2.2-5.0ghz, GPU - NVidia Geforce RTX 3060, VRAM 6gb GDDR5,
RAM - 32gb (2x16gb, Dual Channel mode set in BIOS) DDR4 2933mhz Kingston Fury Impact,
SSD - Kioxia M.2 NVME 512gb (System), + Samsung M.2 NVME 970 Evo Plus 1tb (Games)

:boron: Long live Queen Polypheides and may her tentacles always be supple.
Seeker of Sohnen.

nemo1887
x4

Re: [6.20 beta 7] Boron Ray Ion Projector

Post by nemo1887 » Fri, 11. Aug 23, 08:57

I don’t understand ,since I have Kingdom End the boron ray surprised me, we fire and nothing happens? , and with other messages we make me understand that it took a little time to shoot ,for me it’s a bug you have enemmis in front and it fires all 20 seconds, and well you’re dead!! I didn’t try the other Boron ships but you tell me to sit down and show what’s wrong ,devs on X4 in their possesion not to tell me that it’s normal that it takes 20 seconds to shoot? , the only ship that serves no purpose!! .

je comprend pas ,depuis que j'ai Kingdom End le boron ray ma surpris , on fait feu et rien ne se passe?? , et avec des autres messages on ma fait comprendre qu'il fallait un peu de temp pour tirer ,pour moi c'est un bug vous avez des ennemis en face et ca fait feu tout le 20 secondes , et bien vous êtes mort!!. j'ai pas essayer les autres vaisseaux borons mais vous me dite de m'assoir et de montrer ce qui va pas ,les devs on X4 en leur possession faut pas me dire qu'il trouve normal qu'il faut 20 seconde pour tirer?, le seul navire qui sert a rien!!,et ne dite pas que ca vient de mon installation du jeux !!, vous avez le jeux mis a jour en beta 6.20 beta 7 , et je dit que le rayon principal du boron ray et inutile , je tourne sans mods et c'est malheureux de devoir faire plusieurs mods pour réparer les bugs??

alt3rn1ty
x4

Re: [6.20 beta 7] Boron Ray Ion Projector

Post by alt3rn1ty » Fri, 11. Aug 23, 14:01

Video https://youtu.be/b4ej3FouyW4

-------------------

5 second charge - Fire weapon - 5 second cool down - 5 second charge - Fire weapon.
There is no 20-30 second delay for me.

If you want the developers to investigate, you need to upload a save game.
If you do not, they will not investigate.

If you are using third party modifications to the game, maybe they are causing you problems?

--------------------

5 secondes de charge - Arme à feu - 5 secondes de récupération - 5 secondes de charge - Arme à feu.
Il n'y a pas de délai de 20-30 secondes pour moi.

Si vous voulez que les développeurs enquêtent, vous devez télécharger une sauvegarde.
Si vous ne le faites pas, ils n'enquêteront pas.

Si vous utilisez des modifications tierces pour le jeu, peut-être qu'elles vous causent des problèmes ?
Laptop Dell G15 5510 : Win 11 x64
CPU - 10th Gen' Core I7 10870H 2.2-5.0ghz, GPU - NVidia Geforce RTX 3060, VRAM 6gb GDDR5,
RAM - 32gb (2x16gb, Dual Channel mode set in BIOS) DDR4 2933mhz Kingston Fury Impact,
SSD - Kioxia M.2 NVME 512gb (System), + Samsung M.2 NVME 970 Evo Plus 1tb (Games)

:boron: Long live Queen Polypheides and may her tentacles always be supple.
Seeker of Sohnen.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Public Beta Feedback”