6.20 - 508755 Mission unkown object = unkown ship - Explained and improved in a future update.

This forum provides information on obtaining access to Public Beta versions of X4: Foundations allowing people running those versions to provide feedback on their experiences.

Moderator: DevNet Public Moderators

LRVs

6.20 - 508755 Mission unkown object = unkown ship - Explained and improved in a future update.

Post by LRVs » Sun, 16. Jul 23, 20:56

i have experienced this before in a different map but i did not make a save back then, so i waited until i got it again.

Quest: Return to normal order.
requirements: Destroy Laser Towers.

when you are far away from something it is usely shown as a ? on the map.
when you have a quest activated the object you need to destroy is guided when in ship view.

if you select the unkown object. your computer speaks Unkown ship. and the info window also shows Unkown ship.

when you get in 2 k distance the object is identified as a Laser Tower.

normaly when you do a long range scan you can detect laser towers on the map indicated with a ?. but you do not detect them in this quest.

i could say something more about this quest but, to me personaly it is not a bug just a bit unrealistic so i won't mention it. unless required.

SaveFile:
https://filetransfer.io/data-package/OBvtT0tK#link

LRVs

Re: 6.20 - 508755 Mission unkown object = unkown ship

Post by LRVs » Sun, 16. Jul 23, 21:14

ok. now that i have gotten close enough to identify the laser towers i am going to mention it.

sometimes the laser towers an or mines in different quests are affiliated by a Faction. like boron, argon, paranid xenon etc.
if the faction owning that space is hostile to the laser tower or mine it will be detected and attacked by the station deffences, it's weapons and or it's drones. it will be attacked by that factions ships.

wich means you can fail the quests 30 seconds after accepting it.

this time these laser towers where shown as criminal. they where not detected or attacked. i am flying in front of it right now.

---
you can ignore this part.
a sugestion would be to make a new quest with a different name and a higher pay wich would keep this quest as it is. but remove the criminal faction.
to make it a gamble and a challenge to get there in time and hope it is a faction that is not Hostile to that space.

while the normal quest is only criminal faction. so that nobody but the player or khaak / xenon faction would attack on sight.
---

Gimbutz
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by Gimbutz » Mon, 17. Jul 23, 13:46

LRVs wrote:
Sun, 16. Jul 23, 21:14
ok. now that i have gotten close enough to identify the laser towers i am going to mention it.

sometimes the laser towers an or mines in different quests are affiliated by a Faction. like boron, argon, paranid xenon etc.
if the faction owning that space is hostile to the laser tower or mine it will be detected and attacked by the station deffences, it's weapons and or it's drones. it will be attacked by that factions ships.

wich means you can fail the quests 30 seconds after accepting it.
Just to single out this thought of yours: we fixed a bug where lasertowers were created with an owner faction that was hostile to the owner faction of the nearby station, which led to the automatic failure of the mission, as you described. Did this situation reappear for you in 6.20 beta 3?

LRVs

Post by LRVs » Mon, 17. Jul 23, 14:03

no what i mentioned was from before i joined this beta.

i just accepted a laser tower quest. lasers are owned by bucaneer's and around/in split space.

they are not being target by the local faction.

i will now keep an eye out for instant / fast automated completions.

Gimbutz
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by Gimbutz » Mon, 17. Jul 23, 14:17

Thank you for the reply. As for the overall report: what you describe is currently working as intended. Lasertowers are classified as ships, and share many attributes with them. For example, they have pilots, even though that's not visible to the player. An argument could be made that to the player, Lasertowers are deployables like mines or nav beacons, and should therefore follow the same rules in the UI. I can't make promises, but we will discuss this internally.

florianlt
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Re: 6.20 - 508755 Mission unkown object = unkown ship - Explained.

Post by florianlt » Fri, 25. Aug 23, 11:26

Fixed in an upcoming build.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Public Beta Feedback”