6.00 RC3 Anomaly only pushes my ship when in menu or unfocused

This forum provides information on obtaining access to Public Beta versions of X4: Foundations allowing people running those versions to provide feedback on their experiences.

Moderator: DevNet Public Moderators

LameFox
x4

6.00 RC3 Anomaly only pushes my ship when in menu or unfocused

Post by LameFox » Mon, 10. Apr 23, 09:28

I located one of the Avarice anomalies just now, and parked my ship next to it. At this time, my ship was not moving either under its own force or that of the anomaly. However, when I pressed enter to launch a nav beacon, the anomaly begins to push my ship away. The same happens if I tab out, leaving the game unfocused. It happens too, very briefly, after saving the game. I am not sure what is the intended behaviour here, should my ship be compensating for the anomaly push effect but it stops if a menu is open? Or should it be pushed back the whole time?

Should be straightforward to reproduce, just load and press enter. Or unfocus the game, since you will then see the ship speed change.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1SWOPSv ... share_link
***modified***

LameFox
x4

Re: 6.00 RC3 Anomaly only pushes my ship when in menu or unfocused

Post by LameFox » Mon, 10. Apr 23, 09:39

I note that for whatever reason, it does not seem to occur with an XL ship (the Albatross present nearby in the save). That drifts constantly, although it doesn't register a negative speed. I'm assuming then that this is probably what the Lux should do as well, since it is the behaviour I experienced before the physics change.
***modified***

LameFox
x4

Re: 6.00 RC3 Anomaly only pushes my ship when in menu or unfocused

Post by LameFox » Mon, 10. Apr 23, 11:10

I take it back, it does sometimes happen to the albatross as well, though it appears more consistent in the Lux.
***modified***

Return to “X4: Foundations - Public Beta Feedback”