[#1124][6.0 RC3] Fighters protect position in The Void are straying

This forum provides information on obtaining access to Public Beta versions of X4: Foundations allowing people running those versions to provide feedback on their experiences.

Moderator: DevNet Public Moderators

JamesMcSmirk

[#1124][6.0 RC3] Fighters protect position in The Void are straying

Post by JamesMcSmirk » Mon, 10. Apr 23, 07:52

When I assign a Protect Position to fighters in The Void some are straying off way out of the radius. I am assigning it to the leader of a group of Nemesis Vanguards. If I do a similar order on the other side in Second Contact they do not seem to have a problem keeping within their radius.

The distance of the stray fighters is more than I've ever noticed in the past, and it seems to be easily reproducible in The Void for some reason.

I've attached a save with the current group of fighters in The Void assigned to attack with their commander in a protect position order near the gate. Some that are way away from radius should be visible.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1keq7lX ... sp=sharing

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Re: [6.0 RC3] Fighters protect position in The Void are straying

Post by Alan Phipps » Mon, 10. Apr 23, 13:51

Just a comment that may or may not be relevant, but the Void has hazard areas that affect navigation both IS and OOS, but perhaps in different ways for each state. It may be that once a fighter gets to a certain point, the hazard avoidance takes over and makes it go out of its way. This thread is what made me think of it.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

JamesMcSmirk

Post by JamesMcSmirk » Mon, 10. Apr 23, 17:04

Thanks, yeah I should have mentioned that the behavior is happening well out of the hazard areas. I had considered that being part of it.

Also to be specific I am observing this behavior with the fighters while OOS. I haven't tested it IS. It is making it difficult to control the Xenon influx for earlier in the game as I haven't enough destroyers or a defensive station setup yet.

The save game shows the behavior near a gate.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Mon, 10. Apr 23, 17:31

That was partly my point, I *think* that the 'treated as hazard' areas OOS may be different to the ones you can actually see when IS and so strange navigation quirks may happen when OOS. Anyway, just a theory rather than a fact.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

JamesMcSmirk

Post by JamesMcSmirk » Fri, 14. Apr 23, 03:19

I've tested IS too and the results are the same. Fighters just wonder off no where even near the protect zone, and I mean quite a long distance away.

Sometimes you can see them follow a running Xenon but many times there is simply nothing where they wander off to.

They don't seem to be coming back in most cases either and subsequently start getting picked off one by one.

It also happens with a group of destroyers too, not just smaller craft.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Public Beta Feedback”