[RC1] AI pilot confused when waypoint behind the gate

This forum provides information on obtaining access to Public Beta versions of X4: Foundations allowing people running those versions to provide feedback on their experiences.

Moderator: DevNet Public Moderators

Radamanthe Nemes
x4

[RC1] AI pilot confused when waypoint behind the gate

Post by Radamanthe Nemes » Thu, 30. Mar 23, 17:04

I post it as new because I think either [Feedback] Path finding doesn't detect gates or docks properly and X4 6.0 Beta 7 Autopilot into the side of a Jump Gate are different.

Sooo I can reproduce it systematically. Here’s the save. Don’t touch anything and look.
  1. It does trigger with AI pilot and with you onboard (hence IS). In the save, I placed the waypoint behind the gate on destination system. The pilot jumps, then turns around 180°, and jumps again, turns around, jumps, turns around, jumps… indefinitely. That’s the bug.
  2. Well, not really indefinitely because at some point, it goes even worse! If you’re patient enough, after a jump, it just completely stops. Then look at the orders (either in menu or F2 and selecting the ship), you can see that the pilot alternates between “Flying” and “Calculating parameters”, and this time, definitely indefinitely.
Yes, that looks like two bugs in one in the end, I’ll let you deal with it guys as the second one is probably a consequence of the first (which is the main bug to me, and easily reproducible). The second one can take 10 or 20 jumps before it triggers (once, a police ship scanned him… if that happens, just wait until he goes away). That probably depends on PRNG and/or floating point inaccuracy, but anyway, just wait until the AI pilot stops his crazy looping and you're at it. I triggered it two times in 3 tests, the last time, I gave up.

But the first one always triggers, and I’m pretty sure it can be easily done for any gate.

Please fix this before I use this wonderful opportunity to fire the split for complete incompetence (better pretext than for being uglier than Baby Yoda).

Return to “X4: Foundations - Public Beta Feedback”