[6.0 Beta 7] Unable to achieve "Lone Wolf" - Explained.

This forum provides information on obtaining access to Public Beta versions of X4: Foundations allowing people running those versions to provide feedback on their experiences.

Moderator: DevNet Public Moderators

Katorone
x3tc

[6.0 Beta 7] Unable to achieve "Lone Wolf" - Explained.

Post by Katorone » Tue, 28. Mar 23, 16:55

After not freeing Axiom and finding the way out of Woodworm Scrubs by myself, the achievement "Lone Wolf" is not granted.

Procedure:
  • Start a new game with the "Stranded" start
  • Let Axiom talk, open the grate and press the button. The cell door opens.
  • Either talk to Axiom and reply "maybe later", or just run outside. (Axiom might say "Leaving so soon? You won't get far without me!")
  • Head to the airlock, cycle it and enter
  • (Optional) Fire the repair laser at the switch (I'm not sure if this actually does anything)
  • (Optional) Head further down to the airlock, the mission briefing updates to the location of the laser gun
  • Pick up the laser gun at the Teladi's cell block
  • Go back to the airlock and shoot it
  • Follow the hallway, near the end the Misfit is waiting for me to dock with
  • After a while, Axiom docks with Misfit. If the player is still in space, Axiom invites the player to enter
  • My first time doing this, Axiom boarded after me and I was granted the "Something of a Predicament" achievement.
This save is before entering the Misfit, after following the steps above (including optional ones).
The mission goals are slightly different when picking up the laser gun without having guidance to it. Guidance will briefly state to dock at Woodworm Scrubs, yet near the exit the Misfit will be waiting and the mission guidance tells the player to dock with it.

Katorone
x3tc

Re: [6.0 Beta 7] Unable to achieve "Lone Wolf"

Post by Katorone » Tue, 28. Mar 23, 17:06

Update:

Tried again after making above post. Got the "Lone Wolf" achievement by following these steps:
  • Start a new game with the "Stranded" start
  • Don't give Axiom time to talk, open the grate and press the button immediately after loading in.
  • Axiom might says "Leaving so soon? .... You won't get far without me!"
  • Head to the airlock, cycle it and enter
  • Pick up the laser gun at the Teladi's cell block
  • Go to the airlock and shoot it
  • Follow the hallway, and fly over the mission pointer
  • The mission fails and "Lone Wolf" is granted
Since the achievement does work, this issue might be considered WAI. Though I'd argue that the requirements are too stringent, and if the player doesn't explicitly frees Axiom that the mission should default down the "Lone Wolf" path instead.

Gimbutz
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by Gimbutz » Wed, 29. Mar 23, 10:36

Repairing the switch in the spacesuit section frees Axiom and locks you into the Misfit route.

Katorone
x3tc

Post by Katorone » Wed, 29. Mar 23, 13:38

I'll check again what happens if the switch isn't repaired but the mission updates to find the laser gun. Just to make sure.

Katorone
x3tc

Post by Katorone » Wed, 29. Mar 23, 16:10

Tested this again and not repaired the switch as suggested, and the mission proceeded down the "Lone Wolf" path without issue.

One nitpick, if the player goes down to the airlock before getting the laser gun, they will first get a mission update to find the laser gun. After picking that up and re-entering the space suit, the mission briefing will tell them to repair the switch first.

So the achievement does work fine. Due to the mission design, it seems to be one of those achievements that players have to go out of their way to get.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Public Beta Feedback”