[6.00] New to v6, what is the yellow shape that appears when you take damage? - Locked.

This forum provides information on obtaining access to Public Beta versions of X4: Foundations allowing people running those versions to provide feedback on their experiences.

Moderator: DevNet Public Moderators

jojorne
x4

[6.00] New to v6, what is the yellow shape that appears when you take damage? - Locked.

Post by jojorne » Sat, 25. Mar 23, 19:25

This is new to v6, what is the yellow shape that appears when you take damage? I fail to make sense of that shape...

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Re: [6.00] New to v6, what is the yellow shape that appears when you take damage?

Post by CBJ » Sat, 25. Mar 23, 19:31

What shape? It's not the first time you've been asked to supply adequate information for someone to look into your reports. In this case an image would be the absolute bare minimum.

jojorne
x4

Re: [6.00] New to v6, what is the yellow shape that appears when you take damage?

Post by jojorne » Sat, 25. Mar 23, 19:44

. . .

jojorne
x4

Post by jojorne » Sat, 25. Mar 23, 19:56

CBJ wrote:
Sat, 25. Mar 23, 19:31
It's not the first time you've been asked to supply adequate information
Yes, this is recurring. I don't want to get into personal discussions, so I will refrain from participating in this beta and any other Egosoft betas from now on. Thank you for understand.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Sat, 25. Mar 23, 20:30

It was the engine damage indicator.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

jojorne
x4

Post by jojorne » Sat, 25. Mar 23, 21:40

Does this mean that each component has its own icon? In this case I would use a mini ship representation and light up its components instead like some rpg games does when an armor piece is damaged, look:

jojorne
x4

Post by jojorne » Sat, 25. Mar 23, 21:44

another example

Katorone
x4

Post by Katorone » Sat, 25. Mar 23, 21:46

jojorne wrote:
Sat, 25. Mar 23, 21:40
Does this mean that each component has its own icon?
No. Just the engine.
The engine has multiple reasons to be disabled, same for its boost/traveldrive capability. Other components might be less effective when damaged, and you can see their hull & shield status in the ship's information tab.

Halpog
x4

Post by Halpog » Sun, 26. Mar 23, 09:14

jojorne wrote:
Sat, 25. Mar 23, 19:56
CBJ wrote:
Sat, 25. Mar 23, 19:31
It's not the first time you've been asked to supply adequate information
Yes, this is recurring. I don't want to get into personal discussions, so I will refrain from participating in this beta and any other Egosoft betas from now on. Thank you for understand.
and u think with this attitude ull get help or answers after all ?.. some ppl are realy ....

jojorne
x4

Post by jojorne » Sun, 26. Mar 23, 09:29

Halpog wrote:
Sun, 26. Mar 23, 09:14
and u think with this attitude ull get help or answers after all ?.. some ppl are realy ....
And some people think that replying to personal matter is the right attitude.You don't even know what the person is going through.

Halpog
x4

Post by Halpog » Sun, 26. Mar 23, 09:38

first , its not my problem , that u cant undertsand propperly english ,
the dev just asked u for mroe information about the problem, and u just come up with this sentense of yours.

did u even understod yourself with what u where saying there ?
did u understood after all what the dev was asking for ?

Halpog
x4

Post by Halpog » Sun, 26. Mar 23, 09:42

jojorne wrote:
Sun, 26. Mar 23, 09:29
Halpog wrote:
Sun, 26. Mar 23, 09:14
And some people think that replying to personal matter is the right attitude.You don't even know what the person is going through.
a personal matter is not a personal matter if u post it in a public forum
a personal matter is a personal matter ( for example trouble at home ) .. when u reffer to it with " u have no idea what the person is going through )
when u post at a public forum .. u get answeres.
yes thats the right attitude , and a correct attitude to answer questions.espcaly since there is no personal matter, since u asked what icon this is.
i dont see a personal matter there.as statet already, a personal matter concerns u as person. not an icon in a game, u asked about in a public forum.

so to further avoid trouble and missundertandings . maybe let a friend help to understand english, or ask for support in another language. or for help to translate

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Sun, 26. Mar 23, 09:55

The OP's question has been answered and this thread has descended into a discussion/argument and so can go.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Public Beta Feedback”