[6.0 beta 7] Xenon station stuck at 0%

This forum provides information on obtaining access to Public Beta versions of X4: Foundations allowing people running those versions to provide feedback on their experiences.

Moderator: DevNet Public Moderators

Zloth2
x4

[6.0 beta 7] Xenon station stuck at 0%

Post by Zloth2 » Sat, 25. Mar 23, 18:08

This looks like a familiar bug. I attacked a Xenon station that had one wing still being built. I blew up two other sections, bringing it down to 0%, but the station icon remains red, drones keep appearing to fix it, and S's keep feeding it ores. I dropped a pair of laser towers next to it, went to another sector, even logged out and re-loaded. It's still stuck at 0%.

Here's a save with it in this state (the station is behind you)
https://drive.google.com/file/d/19GM5GX ... share_link
"If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home
and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here! It's wondrous, with
treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross, but it's not for the
timid." ---- Q

Zloth2
x4

Re: [6.0 beta 7] Xenon station stuck at 0%

Post by Zloth2 » Sat, 25. Mar 23, 18:14

Here's a save taken just before I attacked:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1xqHHuZ ... share_link
"If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home
and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here! It's wondrous, with
treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross, but it's not for the
timid." ---- Q

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Re: [6.0 beta 7] Xenon station stuck at 0%

Post by Alan Phipps » Sat, 25. Mar 23, 18:18

Yes, that's a pre-beta situation too. What it means is that some station modules are in an an invincible and near-invisible rebuilding stage but the good news is that there is always at least one module that may still be near-invisible but that you can attack. Kill all of those as they happen and the station dies. Keep the build storage empty of wares too as that speeds this up.

The way to find them once the station has been defanged is to fly a capital slow and low over the station site with its longer range turrets set to attack capitals or all enemies. The turrets will engage module sites that you can destroy and so mark them with their bullet impacts for you to finish off (or just let the turrets do it). Rinse and repeat until the station dies but do watch out for exploding modules doing your ship some damage (apart from the last module to die which does no damage).
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Public Beta Feedback”