Beta 7 — Station turrets refuse to attack ship marked hostile

This forum provides information on obtaining access to Public Beta versions of X4: Foundations allowing people running those versions to provide feedback on their experiences.

Moderator: DevNet Public Moderators

LameFox
x4

Beta 7 — Station turrets refuse to attack ship marked hostile

Post by LameFox » Fri, 24. Mar 23, 14:40

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1GYQ0sS ... share_link

I noticed an SCA trader near one of my stations, which has a fire override telling it to kill SCA. The ship is not disguised, however the station was not firing. I then marked the ship hostile manually, but still no firing. I have toggled the turrets off and on, to no result. Reloaded the game, still nothing. This save is standing on the station so just go to f2 view and you will see the ship directly near a defence bridge.

Can someone tell me what this station is doing? Why doesn't it attack? :gruebel:
***modified***

Kackstift
x4

Re: Beta 7 — Station turrets refuse to attack ship marked hostile

Post by Kackstift » Sat, 25. Mar 23, 09:55

marking things hostile is only for yourself. But you can oevrride the stations friend/foe staus via global order

LameFox
x4

Post by LameFox » Sat, 25. Mar 23, 10:06

Kackstift wrote:
Sat, 25. Mar 23, 09:55
marking things hostile is only for yourself. But you can oevrride the stations friend/foe staus via global order
Hm, I didn't know that. However this station also has a "ruthless" fire override for SCA, and the ship is visibly SCA, not disguised. So I would still expect it to attack the ship.
***modified***

Kackstift
x4

Post by Kackstift » Sat, 25. Mar 23, 16:55

Are your turrets armed and with "attack all enemys"?

LameFox
x4

Post by LameFox » Sat, 25. Mar 23, 17:16

Yes. I also tried to toggle their armed status while the ship was there, in the hope it might reset something, but it had no effect.
***modified***

Return to “X4: Foundations - Public Beta Feedback”