[6.00 Beta 7] Large Miners Arriving Pointing Backwards After Jump - Fix in a future build.

This forum provides information on obtaining access to Public Beta versions of X4: Foundations allowing people running those versions to provide feedback on their experiences.

Moderator: DevNet Public Moderators

Pandomania
x4

[6.00 Beta 7] Large Miners Arriving Pointing Backwards After Jump - Fix in a future build.

Post by Pandomania » Fri, 24. Mar 23, 06:24

I built some stations in Mars which are supplied by mining hubs in the Asteroid belt. It's not huge, but I've got maybe 40 large miners freighting ore/silicon/gas from the Asteroid Belt to Mars. I was surprised at how many ships I had to throw at it to supply production, so started looking at what the ships were doing to determine whether there were any bottlenecks, etc.

The ships mess around a bit near the piers and take a while to pick up orders (probably to be expected), but one thing that stood out as potentially fixable is that many of the miners were arriving in Mars backwards...literally pointing backwards towards the Asteroid Belt. They then have to (very slowly) turn approximately 180 degrees in order to move forward to their destination in Mars.

If the ships arrived pointing in the direction they jumped then it might significantly increase throughput.

I first noticed this in beta 6; not had a chance to check it's still the case in beta 7 yet, and will confirm asap.

Buzz2005
x4

Re: [6.00 Beta 7] Large Miners Arriving Pointing Backwards After Jump

Post by Buzz2005 » Fri, 24. Mar 23, 08:57

Please provide ego with a vanilla save so they can take a look
Fixed ships getting spawned away from ship configuration menu at resupply ships from automatically getting deployables.

j.harshaw
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT

Post by j.harshaw » Fri, 24. Mar 23, 16:53

Fixed. Should be in a future update. Save would have been good. Wasn't possible to confirm that the fix covers your case without it.

Pandomania
x4

Post by Pandomania » Fri, 24. Mar 23, 17:11

Cool, that was fast! I'll let you know if it worked regarding my save after the next update :)

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Fri, 24. Mar 23, 17:14

If you provided the save now then someone could check before the next update. We can't always guarantee that there will be an opportunity for someone to go back and fix problems a second time if they had no means to test their initial fix. That's why we keep asking people to upload saves with their reports rather than waiting to be asked for them.

Pandomania
x4

Post by Pandomania » Fri, 24. Mar 23, 18:02

Sorry, I'm struggling to set Dropbox up and basically failed. I do not think it will let someone else actually download the file from the link. This is as far as I've got:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/bi9t9vsepndg1 ... ml.gz?dl=0

But I do not think it will work, and I can't figure out how to change the settings to make it work. I set the file to "share", and it says anyone with the link can view it, but it also says "only I have access".

Currently looking for an alternative to Dropbox!

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Re: [6.00 Beta 7] Large Miners Arriving Pointing Backwards After Jump - Fix in a future build.

Post by CBJ » Fri, 24. Mar 23, 18:04

File downloads fine.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Re: [6.00 Beta 7] Large Miners Arriving Pointing Backwards After Jump - Fix in a future build.

Post by Alan Phipps » Fri, 24. Mar 23, 18:05

That link works just fine.

EDIT: Another CBJ NInja! :D
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Pandomania
x4

Post by Pandomania » Fri, 24. Mar 23, 18:10

Ok, great! I have no idea what "only I have access" means in this context, but who cares? If it works, it works :?

Buzz2005
x4

Post by Buzz2005 » Fri, 24. Mar 23, 21:13

Pandomania wrote:
Fri, 24. Mar 23, 18:10
Ok, great! I have no idea what "only I have access" means in this context, but who cares? If it works, it works :?
afaik only you have access to that specific dropbox as in only you can upload/delete/share files there

sorry for OP :oops:
Fixed ships getting spawned away from ship configuration menu at resupply ships from automatically getting deployables.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Public Beta Feedback”