Going from beta back to 5.10 Controls warning - All explained.

This forum provides information on obtaining access to Public Beta versions of X4: Foundations allowing people running those versions to provide feedback on their experiences.

Moderator: DevNet Public Moderators

USNxMonstrosity
x3ap

Going from beta back to 5.10 Controls warning - All explained.

Post by USNxMonstrosity » Thu, 23. Mar 23, 21:37

Hello,

I downloaded the beta just to check it out for a bit, (used new game only).

When I went back to 5.10 version, there was a warning that my controls were from a newer version, aka beta. Which I then loaded my old config save from 5.1 and warning went away.

My only concern is there anything else left over the swap back that doesnt get removed/reverted back..is it safe to keep playing or do I need to unisntall and reinstall. I am playing with mods.

USNxMonstrosity
x3ap

Re: Going from beta back to 5.10 Controls warning

Post by USNxMonstrosity » Thu, 23. Mar 23, 21:39

I don't see an edit button but to add this was before I loaded any saves. On initial start it gave the warning.

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Re: Going from beta back to 5.10 Controls warning - WAI

Post by CBJ » Thu, 23. Mar 23, 22:42

The forum rules, at the top of the forum, wrote:
Thu, 6. Dec 18, 17:48
Note: In order to prevent problems with the timeline of discussions being lost, the ability to edit or delete your own posts has been disabled in this forum.
The instructions on downloading the beta, also at the top of the forum, wrote:
Thu, 6. Dec 18, 17:49
Note: When switching back from the Beta to the Release version, you may encounter problems with the controls. To resolve this, go to the in-game Start Menu and select Settings, Controls, Load Profile, then select the default profile from the list. Alternatively, if you make a copy of your inputmap.xml file before starting the Beta, you can simply copy this file back into your \Documents\Egosoft\X4 folder. Deleting the file will not solve the problem as it will be restored from the Steam Cloud.

USNxMonstrosity
x3ap

Re: Going from beta back to 5.10 Controls warning - WAI

Post by USNxMonstrosity » Thu, 23. Mar 23, 23:03

CBJ wrote:
Thu, 23. Mar 23, 22:42
The forum rules, at the top of the forum, wrote:
Thu, 6. Dec 18, 17:48
Note: In order to prevent problems with the timeline of discussions being lost, the ability to edit or delete your own posts has been disabled in this forum.
The instructions on downloading the beta, also at the top of the forum, wrote:
Thu, 6. Dec 18, 17:49
Note: When switching back from the Beta to the Release version, you may encounter problems with the controls. To resolve this, go to the in-game Start Menu and select Settings, Controls, Load Profile, then select the default profile from the list. Alternatively, if you make a copy of your inputmap.xml file before starting the Beta, you can simply copy this file back into your \Documents\Egosoft\X4 folder. Deleting the file will not solve the problem as it will be restored from the Steam Cloud.
I can't read. Got it. Thanks.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Public Beta Feedback”