[RES][#976][6.00 b7] Unable to target astroids in Two grand from Drill miner. - Fixed in RC1.

This forum provides information on obtaining access to Public Beta versions of X4: Foundations allowing people running those versions to provide feedback on their experiences.

Moderator: DevNet Public Moderators

Rompetroll

[RES][#976][6.00 b7] Unable to target astroids in Two grand from Drill miner. - Fixed in RC1.

Post by Rompetroll » Thu, 23. Mar 23, 16:58

In two grand I'm unable to target astroids for mining from cocpit view, radar and map allows targeting.
The save have a drill parked right in front of astroid. for reference also theres a Discoverer just besides it, when teleporting to that ship you can target astroids as normal from from the discoverer. Also from the drill, targeting of other objects like ships and station from cocpitview works as intended. Ive reproduced this multiple times on my system. No mods in use.

Latest beta 7

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1iKHSce ... sp=sharing
Last edited by Alan Phipps on Thu, 23. Mar 23, 17:18, edited 1 time in total.
tux4ever

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Re: [6.00 b7] Unable to target astroids in Two grand from Drill miner.

Post by CBJ » Thu, 23. Mar 23, 17:25

How are you trying to target them? Are you clicking on them or pressing the hotkey (default is T)?

Rompetroll

Post by Rompetroll » Thu, 23. Mar 23, 17:39

CBJ wrote:
Thu, 23. Mar 23, 17:25
How are you trying to target them? Are you clicking on them or pressing the hotkey (default is T)?
Simply by clicking on them. as i can click on the discovery parked nerby it will get targeted. but not the astroids. It works fine other places ive tested, like Second Contact flash point. but for some reason the astroids in two grand are unclikkable from cockpit.
I've not tried using hotkey T, as i'm most gotten used to using the mouse for such things :P but i can test the hotkey a bit later.
tux4ever

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Thu, 23. Mar 23, 17:59

Rompetroll wrote:
Thu, 23. Mar 23, 17:39
I've not tried using hotkey T, as i'm most gotten used to using the mouse for such things :P but i can test the hotkey a bit later.
Well, I wouldn't bother doing that, as it's not working in this build. That's why I asked. Already fixed for the next one, though. :)

Ketraar
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by Ketraar » Thu, 23. Mar 23, 18:18

Rompetroll wrote:
Thu, 23. Mar 23, 16:58
In two grand I'm unable to target astroids for mining from cocpit view, radar and map allows targeting.
The save have a drill parked right in front of astroid. for reference also theres a Discoverer just besides it, when teleporting to that ship you can target astroids as normal from from the discoverer. Also from the drill, targeting of other objects like ships and station from cocpitview works as intended. Ive reproduced this multiple times on my system. No mods in use.
Just to make sure, do you know the distance you are from said asteroids? Sometimes it can look like you are close by but are just far enough that it doesn't allow selecting them. Which is 10km iirc.

MFG

Ketraar

Rompetroll

Post by Rompetroll » Thu, 23. Mar 23, 18:33

My distance from the astroid is ca exactly 1,8 km in the save provided. dosn't help to fly close enough to scrape ships paint onto the rock either :P
tux4ever

Rompetroll

Post by Rompetroll » Thu, 23. Mar 23, 20:42

Did a new game start ' Untested explorer* Flew to the Void and picked up the abandoned drill there. flew that to two grand and tried to click and target astroids from the cokpit. Same behavior. So dosnt seems to be tied to game start.
tux4ever

Rompetroll

Re: [RES][#976][6.00 b7] Unable to target astroids in Two grand from Drill miner. - Fixed after beta 7

Post by Rompetroll » Thu, 30. Mar 23, 10:29

Confirming this is fixed :D
tux4ever

Return to “X4: Foundations - Public Beta Feedback”