[6.0 beta 7] Map view does not show exploration spheres

This forum provides information on obtaining access to Public Beta versions of X4: Foundations allowing people running those versions to provide feedback on their experiences.

Moderator: DevNet Public Moderators

infinoid
x3ap

[6.0 beta 7] Map view does not show exploration spheres

Post by infinoid » Thu, 23. Mar 23, 11:43

I started this playthrough on beta 4 or 5, I think, and am running the Linux build.

I have some scouts flying around revealing sectors. In beta 6 and below, the map showed an exploration icon and a sphere around it, indicating the region to be explored. The Explore order in the Order Queue had a slider, allowing me to modify the exploration radius.

All three of these things are missing in beta 7:
* No icon where the explore target is located in space
* No sphere
* No radius slider

The ship still has an explore icon next to it, indicating that it is executing an explore job. There's just no info about what map region it's exploring, and no easy way to update that.

I miss having the ability to drag the center point around, and change the radius to see how it affects the coverage.

[img]https://moo.glines.org/upload/infinoid/ ... 3908_1.jpg[/img]

infinoid
x3ap

Re: [6.0 beta 7] Map view does not show exploration spheres

Post by infinoid » Thu, 23. Mar 23, 11:54

Similar UI elements are still present in the map view for other orders, such as "Attack targets in range". It seems that only the Explore order is affected.

Ketraar
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Re: [6.0 beta 7] Map view does not show exploration spheres

Post by Ketraar » Thu, 23. Mar 23, 12:30

This is a consequence of a fix mentioned here -> viewtopic.php?p=5167832#p5167832

MFG

Ketraar

Return to “X4: Foundations - Public Beta Feedback”