6.00 S ships will not fire torpedoes

This forum provides information on obtaining access to Public Beta versions of X4: Foundations allowing people running those versions to provide feedback on their experiences.

Moderator: DevNet Public Moderators

unyielding_one

6.00 S ships will not fire torpedoes

Post by unyielding_one » Thu, 23. Mar 23, 04:06

6.00 English
No mods
The Young Gun start
No changes to system, game, or software

Saved game file: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1DhPPTR ... sp=sharing

Equipped both the gladius and moreya with x2 Mk.2 torpedo launchers, and 2x ion weapons. All fighters are given the command to attack turrets on a xenon station. They will attack only with their ion weapons and never fire their Mk.1 heavy torpedoes.

I confirmed the torpedo launchers are loaded with with Mk.1 heavy torpedoes, and assigned all weapons to the primary weapons group.

j.harshaw
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT

Re: 6.00 S ships will not fire torpedoes

Post by j.harshaw » Thu, 23. Mar 23, 10:30

They're set to disable. How did you issue the order to attack?

unyielding_one

Post by unyielding_one » Thu, 23. Mar 23, 12:10

Oh! You're exactly right. When I turned off "shoot to disable," torpedoes were fired as expected.

To attack, I selected all fighters in the fleet by clicking on the lead, then held shift and selected the last fighter. Then right clicked on the station and selected "Attack > Turrets" This results in "shoot to disable being selected automatically. I tried selecting the fleet commander only and gave the same command to attack the turrets. "shoot to disable" is not selected in that case.

unyielding_one

Post by unyielding_one » Fri, 24. Mar 23, 14:02

I was experimenting today, and it seems like selecting Attack > Turrets, Shields, or surface elements automatically applies "shoot to disable," which prevents the use of torpedoes. I'm not sure if that's the desired behavior when attacking stations. This occurs regardless of the way I select ships/fleets to attack the station.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Public Beta Feedback”