[6.0 beta 6] More info on Improved sound occlusion in interiors - Answered.

This forum provides information on obtaining access to Public Beta versions of X4: Foundations allowing people running those versions to provide feedback on their experiences.

Moderator: DevNet Public Moderators

Colt_SCW

[6.0 beta 6] More info on Improved sound occlusion in interiors - Answered.

Post by Colt_SCW » Wed, 22. Mar 23, 05:58

Can we get more information?
I really like the immersive feel of this change on the dockingbay/station/bridge, but I have found that the muffled sound effect at bridge will be cancelled when player take control the ship in the first person, which means it sounds like generic sound. And once I leave my seat, the sound effect will revert to a muffled version. Is this intentional? I have tried interacting with the navigation/weapons/fleet console, it seems that the sound effect keeps muffled, only except flying console.

Shuulo (EGO)
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT

Re: [6.0 beta 6] More info on Improved sound occlusion in interiors.

Post by Shuulo (EGO) » Wed, 22. Mar 23, 18:52

Hi, yes, the muffled sound going away when taking direct control is intentional, sound is important for awareness and we can say that commander/pilot is connected to sensors/headphones to better control the situation.
This is the non-detailed summary of the changes:

- implemented correct occlusion for station modules, so when you are on station/dock/room, outside sounds should be muffled
- improved occlusion while in ship cockpits, when not piloting the ship, outside sounds are muffled
- same for capital ships, but those will also muffle own weapon/turret sounds of the capital ship
- spacesuit now has high occlusion value, so it feels more like its in vacuum of space and all outside sounds are heavily muffled

We plan more improvements to the sound, but whether they will still come in 6.0 or in later patches I cannot say.

Colt_SCW

Re: [6.0 beta 6] More info on Improved sound occlusion in interiors.

Post by Colt_SCW » Thu, 23. Mar 23, 05:26

Shuulo (EGO) wrote:
Wed, 22. Mar 23, 18:52
Hi, yes, the muffled sound going away when taking direct control is intentional, sound is important for awareness and we can say that commander/pilot is connected to sensors/headphones to better control the situation.
This is the non-detailed summary of the changes:

- implemented correct occlusion for station modules, so when you are on station/dock/room, outside sounds should be muffled
- improved occlusion while in ship cockpits, when not piloting the ship, outside sounds are muffled
- same for capital ships, but those will also muffle own weapon/turret sounds of the capital ship
- spacesuit now has high occlusion value, so it feels more like its in vacuum of space and all outside sounds are heavily muffled

We plan more improvements to the sound, but whether they will still come in 6.0 or in later patches I cannot say.
Thanks for the info, sounds improvement very reasonable and organized!

Return to “X4: Foundations - Public Beta Feedback”