[#947][6.00 beta 6] Cannot dock M class at Tidebreak - Fixed in b7 (?)

This forum provides information on obtaining access to Public Beta versions of X4: Foundations allowing people running those versions to provide feedback on their experiences.

Moderator: DevNet Public Moderators

Arckame
x4

[#947][6.00 beta 6] Cannot dock M class at Tidebreak - Fixed in b7 (?)

Post by Arckame » Sun, 19. Mar 23, 16:26

Hi,

I'm stuck in mission "Trade Obstruction: step 3". I have Dagobas Lahubasis Yorilos III as a passenger on my Katana (NBX-702) but docking a M ship on Tidebreak is impossible. The message returned when asking for docking is that the ship is in queue, but nothing happen.

Here a link to my savegame.
https://1fichier.com/?l7ais07kmgi9h4v1bxxi

Kackstift
x4

Re: [6.00 beta 6] Cannot dock M class at Tidebreak

Post by Kackstift » Mon, 20. Mar 23, 00:50

I had the same problem with one of my own stations.. years ago.. only way i got solve it was by reconstructing the dock.. this is not possible here :(
I think there are mods that can reset a station, but you're playing without mods. I don't even think egosoft has a debug option to reset it without the game thinking it was modded

Kackstift
x4

Post by Kackstift » Mon, 20. Mar 23, 01:06

low effort solution is.. destroy your katana then the teladi will be at tidebreak be himself

Arckame
x4

Post by Arckame » Mon, 20. Mar 23, 01:09

still hopping for the venture missions, so no modified game. as a L ship can use the pier, I had tried to transfert the passager from the M to a L class ship, but this is not possible in the crew transfert option.

:(

Arckame
x4

Post by Arckame » Mon, 20. Mar 23, 01:11

Kackstift wrote:
Mon, 20. Mar 23, 01:06
low effort solution is.. destroy your katana then the teladi will be at tidebreak be himself
This is good to know.

I hope I'll find an other solution, a fully equipe and moded kathana is out of my actual budget :(

Kackstift
x4

Post by Kackstift » Mon, 20. Mar 23, 08:02

Arckame wrote:
Mon, 20. Mar 23, 01:11
Kackstift wrote:
Mon, 20. Mar 23, 01:06
This is good to know.

I hope I'll find an other solution, a fully equipe and moded kathana is out of my actual budget :(
simply secure the gear and mods before you destroy it :)

EduardB

Post by EduardB » Mon, 20. Mar 23, 08:27

I also have a problem in docking when performing a mission in Avarice.
https://disk.yandex.ru/d/SEbU8y0JC63gxQ

Arisaya
x4

[6.0 Beta 6] Sometimes unable to dock M ships at certain stations in avarice

Post by Arisaya » Mon, 20. Mar 23, 17:55

This bug can unfortunately impact even tidebreak during the intro sequence where you rescue the teladi merchant, and it was happening quite reliably to me. I have also had it happen to NPCs and other stations. I could not figure out what causes a particular station to get afflicted. Stations that worked before could end up getting afflicted.
S ships do not seem to be impacted by this bug. I have not tested with L or XL ships.

The player can approach the station, and the station will say either 'docking queued' or 'docking not possible', but you are unable to dock with the M ship.
The player can order the pilot to dock at the station, but the pilot will not dock at the station.
The player can be in or out of system and the pilot will still not dock at the station
If you wait out of system long enough, you may see medium ship 'traffic jams' accumulating near stations that are afflicted by this bug
I have had a ship waiting for ~6-8 hours while OOS before I noticed it was stuck and rerouted it to another station

Reproduction: get a medium ship (ex, custom start, teladi start), starting outside of avarice, and go to avarice and try to do the first mission w/ the teladi

Save from the game I encountered it in is too big to attach to the forums even w/ compressed saves, so here it is on google drive: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... sp=sharing
It might be located just outside of Avarice but you can go back in and experience the bug

Kackstift
x4

Re: [#947][6.00 beta 6] Cannot dock M class at Tidebreak

Post by Kackstift » Mon, 20. Mar 23, 19:10

btw.. npc pilots get the error that there is no way to get to the location after a few minutes. Maybe it is the "unique" shape of that station

Kackstift
x4

Post by Kackstift » Tue, 21. Mar 23, 06:31

same at my new savegame. was never in the tide area before.

savegame before picking up the teladi

savegame after docking fail

Arckame
x4

Post by Arckame » Tue, 21. Mar 23, 12:26

Kackstift wrote:
Mon, 20. Mar 23, 08:02
how do you proceed ? As I remember, dismantling a mod imply destroying, no ?

Kackstift
x4

Post by Kackstift » Tue, 21. Mar 23, 12:59

Arckame wrote:
Tue, 21. Mar 23, 12:26
Kackstift wrote:
Mon, 20. Mar 23, 08:02
how do you proceed ? As I remember, dismantling a mod imply destroying, no ?
You get the main item for the mod back. That which has different rarity levels.

Arckame
x4

Post by Arckame » Wed, 22. Mar 23, 18:58

issue fixed with 6.00 beta 7

Shardik77
x4

Post by Shardik77 » Sat, 8. Apr 23, 17:46

Arckame wrote:
Wed, 22. Mar 23, 18:58
issue fixed with 6.00 beta 7
No it isn't, or it got reintroduced. I'm having the problem now when trying to do the story mission where you need to buy 400 hull parts and I can't dock my freighter at the scrapping station. Outside of the station there are a bunch of NPC traders just sitting around and not moving. I can dock with my S class just fine, the M launch pad is empty and checking at the station info no other ship, apart from my S class is currently docked at the station.

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Re: [#947][6.00 beta 6] Cannot dock M class at Tidebreak - Fixed in b7.

Post by CBJ » Sat, 8. Apr 23, 17:56

If you are still having problems then we need a savegame, otherwise we have no way of knowing whether what you are seeing is actually a problem, let alone fixing it if it is.

Shardik77
x4

Post by Shardik77 » Sat, 8. Apr 23, 18:18

CBJ wrote:
Sat, 8. Apr 23, 17:56
If you are still having problems then we need a savegame, otherwise we have no way of knowing whether what you are seeing is actually a problem, let alone fixing it if it is.
Sure, no problem. Here's a link to the savegame: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... share_link

This save is right outside the station, before I requested docking. There's a bunch of ships waiting outside the station as well. Hope this helps and thanks!

Shardik77
x4

Post by Shardik77 » Mon, 10. Apr 23, 21:47

dgerards wrote:
Sat, 8. Apr 23, 18:18
CBJ wrote:
Sat, 8. Apr 23, 17:56
Sure, no problem. Here's a link to the savegame: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... share_link

This save is right outside the station, before I requested docking. There's a bunch of ships waiting outside the station as well. Hope this helps and thanks!
Update: I noticed one of the ships hanging outside the station was the "J.P. Morgan's Knife" mission ship. I was able to complete the mission using an S-sized courier class ship making two trips to the station and the J.P. Morgan's Knife has moved to the PHQ docks. I had a satellite outside the station and I no longer see a queue of freighters waiting outside the station, so maybe the problem is resolved now? But I haven't been able to confirm this yet as I'm not in the system with an M-Size ship. The problem could be related to the mission ship.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Public Beta Feedback”