[6.0 Beta 2] Mystery Police Interdiction

This forum provides information on obtaining access to Public Beta versions of X4: Foundations allowing people running those versions to provide feedback on their experiences.

Moderator: DevNet Public Moderators

XenoXenoson
x4

[6.0 Beta 2] Mystery Police Interdiction

Post by XenoXenoson » Tue, 7. Feb 23, 07:11

So this isn't something I've run into before, and it certainly isn't behaving as expected.

I have a Water Refinery set up in Avarice IV with Mining Subordinates set to mine ice. Yes yes, I know ice is illegal in VIG-Policed Space- but here's the catch. I've killed all VIG Ships, Shipyards, stations anywhere near the interdiction area. I've searched and can't find any VIG ships in the same sectors as the police interdiction has occurred, and I've even set all miner subordinates to 'Escape' police interdiction. However, they keep getting stopped by some mystery police force that doesn't exist anymore and drop their cargo right on the dock of the Ice Refinery. They do not escape from this invisible policeman, either, despite being told to.

It's almost as if my own station is policing the ships with security vessels, but that shouldn't be the case. RIP doesn't police for Water/Ice, and no VIG ships remain to do the policing, so what's happening here?

Screenshot of 'Policed' vessel with no police nearby, with ice dropped on dock:
Untitled.jpg
Save : https://1drv.ms/u/s!Ao-Dmai33_tmgetDx4l ... w?e=XB7Kza

To replicate : Just wait around a bit. Eventually a subordinate of the Avarice IV Water Refinery I (WRP-561) will call and complain that they were forced to drop their cargo by...nobody?

XenoXenoson
x4

Re: [6.0 Beta 2] Mystery Police Interdiction

Post by XenoXenoson » Tue, 7. Feb 23, 10:36

Interestingly, this happens even when standing on the dock staring at the ships coming and going. If you stand there long enough, you can watch as the miners dock, are harassed by nothing, and drop their cargo just before taking off again. As well, it only occurs when the ship docks, and only sometimes. No police interdiction seems to occur during mining, or travel, but once they dock it's as if there's a chance that they'll be 'detected' by the station as having illegal wares, but I don't think this behavior is supposed to occur on my own stations.

XenoXenoson
x4

Re: [6.0 Beta 2] Mystery Police Interdiction

Post by XenoXenoson » Sat, 11. Feb 23, 08:41

Seems to be happening with Food Rations as well in Avarice. My current running theory is that, even though it's RIP Space, VIG is still coded to police the sector, and since Food Rations/Ice are illegal to VIG, any stations in a RIP sector suffer from their policing at a simulated station security level.

That's all well and good except VIG has absolutely no presence in the system(s) in question, and these wares aren't illegal to RIP. So, barring VIG police interdiction, RIP shouldn't be policing my ships for Ice/Food Rations, and they certainly shouldn't be doing so on my own stations. I'd expect VIG to police with patrols in RIP space, and station security + patrols in VIG Space.

It seems odd to me that in order to supply Avarice and RIP with the food they need, and the plot suggests is of dire consequence to them, I HAVE to destroy RIP Admin modules and flip the sectors green. Even if this simulated station security is Working as Intended, surely the fact that my OWN stations are policing my own ships isn't?
Untitled.jpg
If this is working as intended, so be it, but I thought I'd throw it out there again that it's somewhat bizarre.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Public Beta Feedback”