[6.00 Beta 2] Getting clipped off Apotheosis maze tunnels by broken collision detection

This forum provides information on obtaining access to Public Beta versions of X4: Foundations allowing people running those versions to provide feedback on their experiences.

Moderator: DevNet Public Moderators

Reginald_CZ
x4

[6.00 Beta 2] Getting clipped off Apotheosis maze tunnels by broken collision detection

Post by Reginald_CZ » Sun, 5. Feb 23, 23:28

During the Paranid civil war plot, at the mission "A Matter of the Utmost Gravity", where I am supposed to explore the interior of Apotheosis point of interest, at Pontifex's Claim sector I have to navigate through its maze tunnels. And at one tunnel, where currenly I am, while moving forward towards a green light button, I suddenly get flung through the walls either into the Apotheosis object or outside to the outer space by some anomalous collision. This happens when moving randomly in the tunnel by combination of setting speed forward to 6 m/s and using of booster.

To reproduce the issue.:
1. Progress at the Paranid Civil war plot to the mentioned mission ""A Matter of the Utmost Gravity", which requires you to explore the interior of Apotheosis.
2. Fly inside and try to navigate through its maze.
3. Eventually get through the tunnels to the one with a button.
4. Move closer to the button by moving forward at the speed of 6 m/s and using boost at same time.
5. Notice that you hit some anomaly which kicked you out of the Apotheosis through the walls.
6. In case that the bug still won't happen, move randomly through the tunnel of the switch or other maze tunnels by same method as in step number 4.

I am attaching screenshots showing the tunnel where the issue is happening. And I am also attaching save in the area. The save's link is.: https://www.dropbox.com/s/cxm52duuo6bqo ... ml.gz?dl=0
Attachments
20230205231348_1.jpg

Reginald_CZ
x4

Re: [6.00 Beta 2] Getting clipped off Apotheosis maze tunnels by broken collision detection

Post by Reginald_CZ » Sun, 5. Feb 23, 23:44

I have found what causes this issue. It seems that when a spaceship "Patrol Destroyer Odysseus E (NPO-462)" flies near the Apotheosis, I get dragged by its gravity well through the walls of Apotheosis either into the object or away. As I have captured in the screenshot and as I am attaching another save, where I am being dragged by this anomalous ship through the object.

The save's link is.: https://www.dropbox.com/s/a5uqagtkdoxdg ... ml.gz?dl=0
Attachments
20230205233733_1.jpg
Destroyer ship causing the issue

Return to “X4: Foundations - Public Beta Feedback”