[6.0 BETA 492699] Target next Enemy now targets submodules instead of the ship when close to the enemy

This forum provides information on obtaining access to Public Beta versions of X4: Foundations allowing people running those versions to provide feedback on their experiences.

Moderator: DevNet Public Moderators

Chef_de_Loup
x4

[6.0 BETA 492699] Target next Enemy now targets submodules instead of the ship when close to the enemy

Post by Chef_de_Loup » Sun, 5. Feb 23, 11:14

I got this issue for sveral times now. When I'm close to an enemy ship like Xenon K or Argus, during capturing process, the button for next enemy targets submodules like shields instead of the ship itself.It will not select the next submodule. Instead it seems it selects something around the HUD middle.
if you move away the correct targeting starts around 1.3km. When moving back again the system starts targeting submodules around 1.2km. I'm not sure if this is as expected but in 5.1 It was a clear targeting system: 'next enemy' targets the ship while 'next submodule' targets submodules.

Save can be find here: save_001.xml.gz
Last edited by X2-Illuminatus on Sun, 5. Feb 23, 12:51, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Changed topic title as requested by OP

Chef_de_Loup
x4

Re: [6.0 BETA 1] Target next Enemy now targets submodules instead of the ship when close to the enemy

Post by Chef_de_Loup » Sun, 5. Feb 23, 11:28

Ok, it looks like it is an issue with weapon submodules. When you target a weapon submodule, the targeting system works correctly. But if you destroyed all weapons on the ship, the targeting system starts to work incorrectly after you selected something on your own. When the enemy ship repairs a weapon module, it will still be not working as long as you haven't selected the weapon submodule.

Chef_de_Loup
x4

Re: [6.0 BETA 1] Target next Enemy now targets submodules instead of the ship when close to the enemy

Post by Chef_de_Loup » Sun, 5. Feb 23, 11:30

I have to correct myself: Targeting the weapon module is not enough. You have to shoot it first, to make the system work correctly again.

Chef_de_Loup
x4

Re: [6.0 BETA 492699] Target next Enemy now targets submodules instead of the ship when close to the enemy

Post by Chef_de_Loup » Fri, 10. Feb 23, 15:42

Bug also active with new Release 493483.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Public Beta Feedback”