[#673]Crash to Desktop when Building HQ under Linux

This forum provides information on obtaining access to Public Beta versions of X4: Foundations allowing people running those versions to provide feedback on their experiences.

Moderator: DevNet Public Moderators

ange
x4

[#673]Crash to Desktop when Building HQ under Linux

Post by ange » Thu, 2. Feb 23, 15:58

Save Load file from filehorst.de

The game crashes when I build something on the HQ under Linux.
It works on Windows.
P.S. Ich bete zu Egosoft, das Bernd uns mehr als Terraforming schenkt um weiterhin neue und spannendere Abenteuer zu erleben. :lol:

strask412
x4

Re: [#673]Crash to Desktop when Building HQ under Linux

Post by strask412 » Fri, 3. Feb 23, 05:39

https://drive.google.com/file/d/11zckDy ... share_link <- save

I experienced the same crash, I think. Using the above save file, I was adding a column of teladi large container storage modules adjacent to the existing storage, and upon placing the last (sixth) container I experienced a crash to desktop. The crash occurred when I clicked to accept the position the module had snapped into.

This was when building on the HQ station as the topic title suggests. I've been building other non-hq stations with no problems, no crashes.

I did not locate a crash dump.

I'm also on linux, my vulkan info: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1BmorT1 ... share_link
"If I were a shadowy nemesis that wanted to strike the Protectorate where it's weakest, Pioneers space is where I'd begin."
- Delilah Shiratori

ange
x4

Post by ange » Wed, 8. Feb 23, 08:01

The error is gone. To do this I proceeded as follows:
On Windows I rebuilt parts of the HQ. From then on, the construction at the HQ also works under Linux fine.
P.S. Ich bete zu Egosoft, das Bernd uns mehr als Terraforming schenkt um weiterhin neue und spannendere Abenteuer zu erleben. :lol:

PGeyer-Ego
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by PGeyer-Ego » Thu, 9. Mar 23, 11:38

Hey hey,

I've been trying to look into this, but haven't been able to reproduce it locally using either savegame. It is of course entirely possible that we've fixed this with all the other things we've been fixing, I will see if I can get some older builds to reproduce it.

If someone can get this to happen again in the latest Beta, I would be very keen to get hold of the savegame for that.

PG

strask412
x4

Post by strask412 » Thu, 9. Mar 23, 20:06

PGeyer-Ego wrote:
Thu, 9. Mar 23, 11:38
Hey hey,

I've been trying to look into this, but haven't been able to reproduce it locally using either savegame. It is of course entirely possible that we've fixed this with all the other things we've been fixing, I will see if I can get some older builds to reproduce it.

If someone can get this to happen again in the latest Beta, I would be very keen to get hold of the savegame for that.

PG
It only happened to me the once; in beta 5 I've been experiencing other crashes but at least one of them has already been fixed as reported by DocAce here: viewtopic.php?f=192&t=452482 and the others at least haven't been while building.
"If I were a shadowy nemesis that wanted to strike the Protectorate where it's weakest, Pioneers space is where I'd begin."
- Delilah Shiratori

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Thu, 9. Mar 23, 20:51

Please provide a new crashdump, as any for older versions may no longer be relevant and this may be a different crash. We've also fixed a few more crashes already, for the next beta, so yours may be on that list.

strask412
x4

Post by strask412 » Thu, 9. Mar 23, 21:43

CBJ wrote:
Thu, 9. Mar 23, 20:51
Please provide a new crashdump, as any for older versions may no longer be relevant and this may be a different crash. We've also fixed a few more crashes already, for the next beta, so yours may be on that list.
Sorry CBJ none of my crashes have produced dumps so far, unless I'm looking in the wrong place -- I've tried searching the executable directory in steamapps/common and my ~/.config/Egosoft/X4 directory. As soon as I find a reproducible case or further evidence for my remaining crashes I'll be sure to provide.
- Delilah Shiratori

Return to “X4: Foundations - Public Beta Feedback”