[6.00 Beta 2] Paranid ship at Faulty Logic VII has "Xenon" crew and marines - Explained.

This forum provides information on obtaining access to Public Beta versions of X4: Foundations allowing people running those versions to provide feedback on their experiences.

Moderator: DevNet Public Moderators

Reginald_CZ
x4

[6.00 Beta 2] Paranid ship at Faulty Logic VII has "Xenon" crew and marines - Explained.

Post by Reginald_CZ » Tue, 31. Jan 23, 14:12

During the Paranid civil war plot, mission "A Small Errand", I had an objective to fly to Faulty Logic VII sector, dock at the Paranid ship "Honour Guard Odyssseus Sentinel (ZLW-328)", which belongs to the Holy order of the Pontifex. So I did it, picked there a package but then decided to visit its bridge before moving on with the plot. I was shocked when I have noticed that some of the bridge crew members and marines were marked as hostiles (red). When checking them up, they were shown to me to be Xenon crew members and marines. Which doesn't make sense, as they still use Paranid models, unless Xenon can make Terminator-like infiltrators, who can look like organic species.

Now to reproduce the issue.:
1. Start Paranid Civil war plot.
2. Eventually get mission "A Small Errand".
3. During this mission, get eventuallly to the part where you have to fly deep into the Xenon territory (sector Faulty Logic VII) and find a spaceship there.
4. Dock at the objective spaceship and collect the package there.
5. Visit the bridge and examine its crew.
6. Notice how the spaceship is infiltrated by Xenon Terminators.

I am attaching two screenshots showing the "Xenon" NPCs.

I am also attaching save in which I am located at the place where the bug is happening. The link to the save is.: https://www.dropbox.com/s/zzokl7hesnz34 ... ml.gz?dl=0
Attachments
20230131135741_1.jpg
"Xenon" Marine
20230131135843_1.jpg
"Xenon" Crewman

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Re: [6.00 Beta 2] Paranid ship at Faulty Logic VII has "Xenon" crew and marines

Post by Alan Phipps » Tue, 31. Jan 23, 14:38

I believe that this is from a pre-beta intentional preventative measure to avoid undue hostile intent from other Xenon ships nearby against a ship necessary for a plot mission. Link.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

RoverTX
x4

Re: [6.00 Beta 2] Paranid ship at Faulty Logic VII has "Xenon" crew and marines - Explained.

Post by RoverTX » Tue, 31. Jan 23, 19:25

They are just masked right? Just like pirates. If you someone got a pirate ship I believe all the crew would show up as the masked faction also?

Return to “X4: Foundations - Public Beta Feedback”