X4 6.0B2 Encyclopedia showing all factions/races from start - not reproducible

This forum provides information on obtaining access to Public Beta versions of X4: Foundations allowing people running those versions to provide feedback on their experiences.

Moderator: DevNet Public Moderators

Newinger
x4

X4 6.0B2 Encyclopedia showing all factions/races from start - not reproducible

Post by Newinger » Fri, 27. Jan 23, 17:54

Not sure if a bug or intended:

The encyclopedia is showing information on all the factions and races right from the start in a new game; in 5.10 only known factions and races are shown.

To reproduce: Start a new game with vanilla game starts (like Young Gun or Untested Explorer) in 6.0.

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Re: X4 6.0B2 Encyclopedia showing all factions/races from start

Post by CBJ » Fri, 27. Jan 23, 18:01

Which gamestart did you use? It may be intentional in some gamestart but not others.

And in future please give your thread a title that describes the problem you are reporting, as per the forum rules. I've added such a title for you this time.

Newinger
x4

Re: X4 6.0B2 Encyclopedia showing all factions/races from start

Post by Newinger » Fri, 27. Jan 23, 18:12

CBJ wrote:
Fri, 27. Jan 23, 18:01
Which gamestart did you use? It may be intentional in some gamestart but not others.

And in future please give your thread a title that describes the problem you are reporting, as per the forum rules. I've added such a title for you this time.
I'm sorry - I thought I had given it a title ... maybe I sent the post too early.

And sorry again - I just started a new game again with Untested Explorer - and this time it is in 6.0 the same as in 5.10 (i.e. just one faction shown).

But really, in my previous attempt I saw all the factions with that particular game start in 6.0.

Well ... maybe I hallucinated :D

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Re: X4 6.0B2 Encyclopedia showing all factions/races from start - not reproducible

Post by CBJ » Fri, 27. Jan 23, 18:26

Are you sure it was that gamestart that you tried before, and not, say, a custom one?

Newinger
x4

Re: X4 6.0B2 Encyclopedia showing all factions/races from start - not reproducible

Post by Newinger » Fri, 27. Jan 23, 18:57

CBJ wrote:
Fri, 27. Jan 23, 18:26
Are you sure it was that gamestart that you tried before, and not, say, a custom one?
Yes. I specifically used these starts to take comparison screenshots between 5.10 and 6.0 (to show some of the subtle visual differences made by the new graphics options in 6). So it was not a custom start.

Anyway, it is gone. If I notice it again I'll try to provide more information and possibly a save.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Public Beta Feedback”