[#779]6.0 BUG missiles do 0 damage in IS

This forum provides information on obtaining access to Public Beta versions of X4: Foundations allowing people running those versions to provide feedback on their experiences.

Moderator: DevNet Public Moderators

abc0000

[#779]6.0 BUG missiles do 0 damage in IS

Post by abc0000 » Sun, 22. Jan 23, 23:24

Tested many different missiles against stations and large ships

Imperial Good
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Re: 6.0 BUG missiles do 0 damage in IS

Post by Imperial Good » Mon, 23. Jan 23, 01:47

Beta bug reports should go in the beta feedback forum section. I have moved this thread there.

I recommend providing more details as to what you have tested. Possibly provide a not modified save that allows the developers to quickly see and debug the missiles dealing no damage.

abc0000

Post by abc0000 » Mon, 23. Jan 23, 21:00

Imperial Good wrote:
Mon, 23. Jan 23, 01:47
Beta bug reports should go in the beta feedback forum section. I have moved this thread there.

I recommend providing more details as to what you have tested. Possibly provide a not modified save that allows the developers to quickly see and debug the missiles dealing no damage.
Launched a custom game start, made several groups of fighters with different missiles to test missiles against the station.

Used
1) Heavy Swarm Rocket
2) Light classer
3) Heavy classroom
4) Light unguided rocket
5) Heavy unguided rocket

There were multiple hits and they did not damage the station (argon dock)

mimizu
x4

Post by mimizu » Tue, 24. Jan 23, 03:30

abc0000 wrote:
Mon, 23. Jan 23, 21:00
Imperial Good wrote:

Launched a custom game start, made several groups of fighters with different missiles to test missiles against the station.

Used
1) Heavy Swarm Rocket
2) Light classer
3) Heavy classroom
4) Light unguided rocket
5) Heavy unguided rocket

After further testing, i found out that missiles only do no damage to station, they are fine aganst ships.

Also all my bombers(with no gun, missiles launcher only) won't fire their missiles on station, no matter what direct order or subordinate commands were given.

abc0000

Post by abc0000 » Tue, 24. Jan 23, 09:15

mimizu wrote:
Tue, 24. Jan 23, 03:30
abc0000 wrote:
Imperial Good wrote:

Used
1) Heavy Swarm Rocket
2) Light classer
3) Heavy classroom
4) Light unguided rocket
5) Heavy unguided rocket

After further testing, i found out that missiles only do no damage to station, they are fine aganst ships.

Also all my bombers(with no gun, missiles launcher only) won't fire their missiles on station, no matter what direct order or subordinate commands were given.
During my tests, heavy swarm missiles did not cause damage to large ships, I also used fighters with rocket launchers without guns and with 1-2 stars, they fired at the station without problems, rarely entering the range of M turrets but still often miss if using unguided rockets

Pejot
x4

Post by Pejot » Wed, 25. Jan 23, 09:46

I've encountered similar situation except missiles didn't do dmg to shields but when shields went down they correctly damaged hull. It happend only with swarm missiles for me.
"Never listen to what people say. Just watch what they do."

Chrisjen Avasarala

mimizu
x4

Post by mimizu » Wed, 25. Jan 23, 11:28

abc0000 wrote:
Tue, 24. Jan 23, 09:15
mimizu wrote:
Tue, 24. Jan 23, 03:30
abc0000 wrote:

Used
1) Heavy Swarm Rocket
2) Light classer
3) Heavy classroom
4) Light unguided rocket
5) Heavy unguided rocket

During my tests, heavy swarm missiles did not cause damage to large ships, I also used fighters with rocket launchers without guns and with 1-2 stars, they fired at the station without problems, rarely entering the range of M turrets but still often miss if using unguided rockets
So wired, I just cant make my bomber to work. they only fire missiles on station target if u order them to attack suferface elements.

Furthermore, I tested all guided light & heavy missiles on L ships (own by me),
they do shield damage (both on ship & turrets),
they do ship hull damage,
but all the guided heavy missiles do no damage to turret's hulls expect swarm one.

Did not test unguided missiles and torpedos thouth.

abc0000

Post by abc0000 » Wed, 25. Jan 23, 13:15

mimizu wrote:
Wed, 25. Jan 23, 11:28
Furthermore, I tested all guided light & heavy missiles on L ships (own by me),
they do shield damage (both on ship & turrets),
they do ship hull damage,
but all the guided heavy missiles do no damage to turret's hulls expect swarm one.

Did not test unguided missiles and torpedos thouth.

I think the developers are doing something with the missiles, as I understand it, the bug appeared after editing the damage and consumption of missile ammo during the OOS.

unguided Missile Turrets do not fire based on target movement like other projectile turrets. Bug or feature? xD

Pejot
x4

Post by Pejot » Mon, 6. Feb 23, 01:48

Tested on Beta 2

20 Heavy torpedoes shot on station graviton turret. All hit the dmtarget and dealt 0 dmg both to turret and station. On another attempt I shot them at station and also 0 dmg.

Chrisjen Avasarala

Newinger
x4

Post by Newinger » Mon, 6. Feb 23, 08:58

Maybe one of you should upload a save game prior to shooting, so the devs have a chance to test it better.

Pejot
x4

Post by Pejot » Mon, 6. Feb 23, 09:18

Here is a save:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1V9g4zy ... share_link

The ship i'm piloting has 20 Heavy torpedoes and some other missiles.

Station i was attacking is in Zyrath Dominion X (XEN Solar power plant). My 3 destroyers have attack command on it.

Chrisjen Avasarala

chew-ie
x4

Post by chew-ie » Sat, 18. Feb 23, 14:53

I made a similar topic - turned out I just hit the same wall like the OP but with unguided missiles: viewtopic.php?f=192&t=452041&p=5162169#p5162166

At first I confused the problem with missiles not being fired, but I got it all wrong. :oops: Bottom line is that unguided missiles don't do any damage to stations either, so my save might help the devs to provide a test scenario :)

Spoiler
Show
BurnIt: Boron and leaks don't go well together...
Königinnenreich von Boron: Sprich mit deinem Flossenführer
Nila Ti: Folgt mir, ihr Kavalkade von neugierigen Kreaturen!

:idea: Pick your poison seed [for custom gamestarts]
:idea: Feature request: paint jobs on custom starts

Return to “X4: Foundations - Public Beta Feedback”