[Feedback][6.0 Beta 1] Cinematic Mode

This forum provides information on obtaining access to Public Beta versions of X4: Foundations allowing people running those versions to provide feedback on their experiences.

Moderator: DevNet Public Moderators

Falcrack
x4

Re: [Feedback][6.0 Beta 1] Cinematic Mode

Post by Falcrack » Fri, 27. Jan 23, 00:23

Old Drullo321 wrote:
Thu, 26. Jan 23, 14:00
One small suggestion for the new cinematic mode.

Previously it wasn't possible to watch an asset/ship out of sector, as seen in the attached screenshot (player is in The Void, selected ship in Blackhole Sun).
However with the cinematic mode, theoretically there is no such restriction anymore by the game. And it would be nice if i could directly have a look at my selected ship through that menu.

Screenshot (1240).png
Oh yes, I would like to be able to right click on a unit on the map and select the external camera mode. That would allow me to quickly turn OOS battles into IS battles, and view the battle.

Pejot
x4

Re: [Feedback][6.0 Beta 2] Cinematic Mode

Post by Pejot » Sat, 28. Jan 23, 17:03

More observations regarding Live Camera.

When camera is focused on station and showing external views of the whole station it shouldn't focus on center of plot cause in case of stations that are above or below center it shows empty space. If possible can it focus odln first element that was build?
"Never listen to what people say. Just watch what they do."

Chrisjen Avasarala

Egosoft-Daniel
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by Egosoft-Daniel » Mon, 30. Jan 23, 11:08

ZeroAffex wrote:
Thu, 26. Jan 23, 16:25
Hopefully this hasn't been reported but I had an issue with the Live Stream cam bugging out on me when using auto-pilot. I had set a very long course to travel from one side of the galaxy to the other and then turned on the Live Stream cam to watch my journey. Initially started off okay, but then all text disappeared so it was just the black borders showing and nothing else. Then when entering new systems, a bunch of jumbled text was springing up all over the place on the bottom black bar. Switching views of other ships returned it to normal but when I switched back to my ship that's on autopilot, it was back to being bugged out.

If you need, I can give you my game save. Haven't tried to reproduce it yet, will do that soon though. Simply letting you know while it's still fresh in my mind as to what happened. Thanks! Have a great rest of your week.
Thanks for reaching out. The text currently disappears while ships are in a highway since there is an UI issue that causes shaking in these zones.

temetvince
x4

Post by temetvince » Tue, 31. Jan 23, 21:00

I'd love to be able to view the player targeted ship in cinematic mode. Currently there's no option to do so.

Cyron43
x4

Post by Cyron43 » Tue, 31. Jan 23, 22:24

I apologize if this has been mentioned before but anyway, today I followed my player ship in cinematic mode and whenever it entered a new sector the announcement voice was pitch shifted one octave down.

Ormac
x4

Post by Ormac » Wed, 1. Feb 23, 02:16

So Far between Beta 1 and Beta 2 it's gone from an inital focus of starting on the Player asset to other focus.

In Beta 2 I was trying to get a Live Feed from GE1 of my Oddy E as I was performing an EVA to it from the PHQ.
While I was focused on GE1 I was geting feeds from all the other assets the Sector Gates and Highways and some Teladi stations but none of the player assets in sector or even the alien mysterious ship.

rudi_pioneer
x4

Post by rudi_pioneer » Wed, 1. Feb 23, 08:35

After few hours of play as split in beta 2:

Biggest feedback that it feels like in 80% of in cockpit/bridge cases, camera is too close. Boa and Balaur, for example, have cool interior, but camera is always super close to pilot. Wish that in most cases, it would be more to the back, so we can see more of the bridge/cockpit.

Skeeter
x3

Post by Skeeter » Wed, 1. Feb 23, 16:40

Be nicer if cinematic mode was just a monitor that pops up in the corner of the screen instead of fullscreen.
[ external image ]
7600x cpu 5.4ghz 32gb DDR5 5600mhz 6700XT 32" 1440p mon

Pejot
x4

Post by Pejot » Wed, 1. Feb 23, 17:13

Skeeter wrote:
Wed, 1. Feb 23, 16:40
Be nicer if cinematic mode was just a monitor that pops up in the corner of the screen instead of fullscreen.
Or and option like that on top of general Live Cam

Chrisjen Avasarala

rudi_pioneer
x4

Post by rudi_pioneer » Thu, 2. Feb 23, 08:59

When I get interrupted (via comm calls), I’d want cinematic camera to resume with last set settings, either when I pressing F6, or new keyboard shortcut that’s “cinematic camera with last set settings”

In my case, I had it on watching my assets, so I have to cycle F6 few times (which feels slow with fade and load times), and then set screen preferences again.

strask412
x4

Post by strask412 » Thu, 2. Feb 23, 19:25

rudi_pioneer wrote:
Thu, 2. Feb 23, 08:59
When I get interrupted (via comm calls), I’d want cinematic camera to resume with last set settings, either when I pressing F6, or new keyboard shortcut that’s “cinematic camera with last set settings”

In my case, I had it on watching my assets, so I have to cycle F6 few times (which feels slow with fade and load times), and then set screen preferences again.
I've been keeping it locked on certain assets sometimes, and it is difficult to find the right ones to begin with so a way to resume where we left off would be quite welcome.
"If I were a shadowy nemesis that wanted to strike the Protectorate where it's weakest, Pioneers space is where I'd begin."
- Delilah Shiratori

XenoXenoson
x4

Post by XenoXenoson » Tue, 7. Feb 23, 14:20

The Cinematic Mode addition is more than welcome, and I do often find myself spending my downtime just flipping through the various channels watching things happen.

However, it does have some weaknesses when you want to use it to view, say, a battle. Here's my suggestions:
  • It's very difficult to pick a particular ship/station to view. Being able to select a particular asset via dropdown menu or right-click option would be great.
  • Locking the view on an object should perhaps stay locked after exiting, remembering the object when F6 is pressed again. Sometimes I've got to switch to map view to issue commands and it takes awhile to get back to it.
  • I'd like to be able to navigate and select new targets while paused. Finding a particular object during a fight is understandably difficult.
  • Perhaps an option to select a particular faction to view would be helpful. I love that I can view certain factions that I'm allied with, and I'd watch a Boron-only livestream all day long.
  • Perhaps an option for only viewing ships in combat, for when I just want to watch big space ships shoot each other.
Overall the feature is lovely. I enjoy watching whatever it puts on, but trying to get it to do anything specific is a bit more of a chore. I know it's supposed to be cinematic, and that's great, but some menu options would be welcome, and could probably be hidden when you press Shift+H when you get it dialed in.

magitsu
x4

Post by magitsu » Wed, 8. Feb 23, 14:08

XenoXenoson wrote:
Tue, 7. Feb 23, 14:20
Here's my suggestions:
These seem to be well thought out.

Egosoft-Daniel
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by Egosoft-Daniel » Thu, 9. Feb 23, 17:28

First off, thanks again for raising all these points and reporting issues.

We are still actively working on this feature to integrate it better into the gameplay and improve the ease of use.
Version: 6.00 Beta 3 (493483) includes a number of changes and improvements to address that which are as follows.
  • Added faction channels that get unlocked by reaching friend status with a faction
  • Added access to faction channel live streams via faction representative or station owner
  • Added Live Stream View option for ships in Interact menu
  • Added opening the map in Live Stream View
  • Added restoring last viewed object when Live Stream View is interrupted by cutscene or opening the map
  • Added switching between objects and sectors in Live Stream View
  • Improved Live Stream View UI overlay
  • Removed previous Live Stream View modes
  • Fixed player logos being displayed incorrectly
Feedback and bug reports are much appreciated and we hope you continue to enjoy getting an early look on what's coming for X4.

chew-ie
x4

Post by chew-ie » Thu, 9. Feb 23, 17:53

Egosoft-Daniel wrote:
Thu, 9. Feb 23, 17:28
First off, thanks again for raising all these points and reporting issues.

We are still actively working on this feature to integrate it better into the gameplay and improve the ease of use.
Version: 6.00 Beta 3 (493483) includes a number of changes and improvements to address that which are as follows.
  • Added faction channels that get unlocked by reaching friend status with a faction
  • Added access to faction channel live streams via faction representative or station owner
  • Added Live Stream View option for ships in Interact menu
  • Added opening the map in Live Stream View
  • Added restoring last viewed object when Live Stream View is interrupted by cutscene or opening the map
  • Added switching between objects and sectors in Live Stream View
  • Improved Live Stream View UI overlay
  • Removed previous Live Stream View modes
  • Fixed player logos being displayed incorrectly
Feedback and bug reports are much appreciated and we hope you continue to enjoy getting an early look on what's coming for X4.
Awesome - this feature is about to become really big! Especially the option to watch the live stream in the ship interaction menu!

:?: Did you guys already discussed about adding the live stream in a mini-monitor like we had them back in X² / X³? Would be nice to watch my problem childs while doing my own stuff...

Spoiler
Show
BurnIt: Boron and leaks don't go well together...
Königinnenreich von Boron: Sprich mit deinem Flossenführer
Nila Ti: Folgt mir, ihr Kavalkade von neugierigen Kreaturen!

:idea: Pick your poison seed [for custom gamestarts]

Pejot
x4

Post by Pejot » Thu, 9. Feb 23, 18:23

Tested on Beta 3. Thank You for adding all the new options. What I can tell right now is that everything works nice except choosing live stream on specific ship from the map. It causes huge fps drop that way while just going via F6 doesn't affect fps. It seems the map is still affecting the fps if live stream is opened that way.

Chrisjen Avasarala

SupraRZ
x4

Post by SupraRZ » Thu, 9. Feb 23, 19:55

Pejot wrote:
Thu, 9. Feb 23, 18:23
Tested on Beta 3. Thank You for adding all the new options. What I can tell right now is that everything works nice except choosing live stream on specific ship from the map. It causes huge fps drop that way while just going via F6 doesn't affect fps. It seems the map is still affecting the fps if live stream is opened that way.
This is because the map is still rendering in background,halves fps ,devs need to code a map close on livestream and open on F1

rudi_pioneer
x4

Post by rudi_pioneer » Thu, 9. Feb 23, 20:18

Loving the changes, looks so polished now!

Feature request: One thing I’d love to add is having a “Toggle Activity: Combat/Non-Combat/All” in upper left corner.

Clarification: “Previous Object / Next Object” - is this for the sector live stream is in already? (Implied because next toggle is toggle location). Would help if it has “next object at location” or “next object for faction” or such.

Clarification: “Location” - does this mean sector, or zones, or something else? If sector, makes more sense to call it sector instead of location, for example. Zones not so much because players wouldn’t know about them.

Clarification: “switch channel” - while bottom left makes it obvious that channel is faction channel, it’s still something players need to pick up. Renaming “switch channel” to “switch faction channel” might help with learning that quicker.

Falcrack
x4

Post by Falcrack » Fri, 10. Feb 23, 16:09

In the live stream mode, I would like the option to be able to manually select external view and to be able to change the camera angles. Sometimes the camera angles automatically chosen are not focusing on what I want to see.

rudi_pioneer
x4

Post by rudi_pioneer » Sat, 11. Feb 23, 08:31

Good example of "could be better": Raptor led fleet has few destroyers with bombardment order (save: https://gofile.io/d/wiAd8G )

1. Locking on Rattlesnake will show 1/3rd of the time ship shooting from outside, but won't have xenon station it's shooting at in view. second 1/3rd shows captain of the ship (ok view), but last third is crewperson and mostly bridge wall.
2. With Teladi destroyer, similar to 1 except that outside view camera is so low that ship is partially visible on top of the screen.

For these, i'd expect 20% bridge crew (ideally with no walls), and outside camera to show what's being shot at as well.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Public Beta Feedback”